Half of hammer coral not opening

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey

So I have a hammer coral that seems to only have half of it opening up. One side looks puffy, the other retracted and flat.

Have another hammer which I had it next to, doing fine.

Currently moved it to a lower flow area now to see if that makes a difference.

Alk 7.5
Calc 440
Mag 1460
Salinity 1.025
PH 8

Anyone have any advice on what I should do?

Thanks
20220605_100522.jpg

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a branching or wall hammer?
Also was the hammer receiving different types of flow on each side?

Side note, I would try to increase your alkalinity alittle bit and keep it around 9ish.

OP
OP
Kial

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a branching or wall hammer?
Also was the hammer receiving different types of flow on each side?

Side note, I would try to increase your alkalinity alittle bit and keep it around 9ish.
7.5 is just what my salt mix is at so trying to keep it stable around there. Quantum mixed macro probiotic salt.

I wouldn't say it was getting different flow, I've tried turning it as well. Occasionally it seems to start coming out again, come back 5 mins later it's back to being retracted. Confusing.

Could lighting be an issue? It's currently on the sand bed and have 2x hydra 32s over the tank.

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7.5 is just what my salt mix is at so trying to keep it stable around there. Quantum mixed macro probiotic salt.

I wouldn't say it was getting different flow, I've tried turning it as well. Occasionally it seems to start coming out again, come back 5 mins later it's back to being retracted. Confusing.

Could lighting be an issue? It's currently on the sand bed and have 2x hydra 32s over the tank.
I doubt lighting is an issue since its at the same level and PAR would be the same or very close on both sides

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a wall hammer which can be challenging if they get a pest or bacteria infection.

Back