Halloa! Halloa! I Loves Me a Zoa!

AtlantiCat

33% Salt, 67% Fresh, 100% Weird
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings Programs!

I've been getting so much good advice from this forum for the past couple of months that I decided to roll the dice and join. I'm a middle-aged fart from Chicago's southwest suburbs with over 30 years of experience in freshwater fish and plant keeping (please don't hurt me) and I've just joined the Dark Side (I heard there would be cookies ).

My Fisher-Price "My First Reef Tank(tm)" is newly cycled and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of Safecracker and WWC AOI Zoa colonies as my starter livestock. This tank will be a Day-Glo Neon Punk Rock Flower Garden (aka a Zoa garden), aaaaand I might maybe potentially could possibly start another...eventually...if I run out of space....

Outside of all things aquatic, I'm an open-wheel race fan, a terrestrial gardener (mostly veggies and fruit), a foodie, a gamer, a weirdo, I read like a fiend (Brandon Sanderson currently), know the lyrics to far too many 80s tunes, and have been adopted by two cats and two dogs (one of whom is my avatar).

Nice to meet you!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings Programs!

I've been getting so much good advice from this forum for the past couple of months that I decided to roll the dice and join. I'm a middle-aged fart from Chicago's southwest suburbs with over 30 years of experience in freshwater fish and plant keeping (please don't hurt me) and I've just joined the Dark Side (I heard there would be cookies ).

My Fisher-Price "My First Reef Tank(tm)" is newly cycled and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of Safecracker and WWC AOI Zoa colonies as my starter livestock. This tank will be a Day-Glo Neon Punk Rock Flower Garden (aka a Zoa garden), aaaaand I might maybe potentially could possibly start another...eventually...if I run out of space....

Outside of all things aquatic, I'm an open-wheel race fan, a terrestrial gardener (mostly veggies and fruit), a foodie, a gamer, a weirdo, I read like a fiend (Brandon Sanderson currently), know the lyrics to far too many 80s tunes, and have been adopted by two cats and two dogs (one of whom is my avatar).

Nice to meet you!

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you are going to fit right in! Freshwater is like the 'gateway drug to saltwater' - many of us (me too) started there.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings Programs!

Nice to meet you!

Hi and welcome to R2R! The people here are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Hopefully you’ll start a build thread. We’d love to see your build as it progresses.

It seems we have a few things in common. I’m about your age it sounds like. I’m definitely a foodie and enjoy cooking and grilling. I’m not as much a gamer as I once was but every once in a while….. :D

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back