Hammer came out of skeleton?

un5tab1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put the skeleton back in the tank for a few months. I have never had growth from a head that bailed but, I did have a hammer grow back in the skeleton after a bailout.

Bluedore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dragon soul did the same thing, tried glueing, rubber banding to something, put it under a pile of rubbles. It eventually melted away.

OP
OP
gabrieltackitt

gabrieltackitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I did:
image.jpg

I very gently glued it to the plug (spread a super thin layer of glue in the center and basically just set it on it) and glued the skeleton to a plug as well, then moved them both down and to the lowest flow possible. Unfortunately this was after they’d sat in a bag in the trash for a few hours, didn’t see some of these replies until late. But there was water in the bag so they never dried out and I floated the bag again for 20ish minutes to re temp acclimate them. I don’t have super high hopes for either piece but, you can never be sure if you don’t try. I’ll try to update as we go.

I did see a sweeper tentacle out from the polyp shortly after I put them back in the tank, before I turned anything back on. So maybe there is hope yet.

OP
OP
gabrieltackitt

gabrieltackitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been about an hour now and it’s already starting to reinflate! Trying not to get my hopes up but I definitely never expected it to react so well right away.
B3AF1C53-8AED-431B-BDBA-805DB3EE211F.jpeg

NASOTANG87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been about an hour now and it’s already starting to reinflate! Trying not to get my hopes up but I definitely never expected it to react so well right away.
B3AF1C53-8AED-431B-BDBA-805DB3EE211F.jpeg
How’d that work out? I just had a torch bail and am wondering if I can save the head.

ph1sh99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was fine for a while, it started to regrow some skeleton so I tried glueing it onto a new plug and it ended up exploding into little pieces in the current.
How long did your polyp last glued to the plug? I had polyp bailout in June and have been keeping the heads in a isolated box. It's been 4 months now and they still inflate. I am wondering if I should try to glue mine to a plug or rock.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back