Hammer coral won’t open

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have had this hammer coral for about a little less than two months, I had to rearrange my tank because I had to install a overflow for my sump about a week after that my hammer started not opening all the way and it looks like his polyps might be shrinking, I have already lost another hammer coral so I cannot loose this one I don’t understand what’s wrong with it it is not in direct flow and no matter where I move it to in my tank I stays almost closed
964117F8-A3A8-4842-8578-1AC77F7BA42F.jpeg
, ammonia 0, nitrates 0-5, phosphate 0-0.25, alk 170 ppm/9.4 dkh, calcium 480, salinity 1.025

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a really light hammer? It almost looks a touch bleached, did you move it a lot closer to the light? Also did the flow change significantly? Hammers often won’t extend much if they are getting to much direct flow.

OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is it a really light hammer? It almost looks a touch bleached, did you move it a lot closer to the light? Also did the flow change significantly? Hammers often won’t extend much if they are getting to much direct flow.
It’s supposed to be a neon splatter hammer, I did not move it closer to the light though, it could just be my phone because it doesn’t look that light to me when I look at it

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back