Hammer coral

Chroma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, just started noticing my hammer coral flesh is starting to turn white compared to my other hammer coral. Is this something I should be concerned about. The tanks has been running for about 6 months now. I've had the coral for about 3 months. They haven't really shown any sign of discomfort. Sorta new to the coral side of things. I've had bad experiences with coral so I never got any for a couple years.
& I haven't tested water parameters, I usually just do a water change every 3 weeks. I'm currently running a fuge, filter socks and protein skimmer. 530L DT about 80L sump. I've only got 2 clowns, heaps of snails, 1 hermit crab and 1 peppermint shrimp.
Any advice is needed!

Thank you

Snapchat-438951739.jpg Snapchat-732717026.jpg

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the flow in the tank? What lighting are you using? Try a new spot. It is definitely not happy

OP
OP
C

Chroma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the flow in the tank? What lighting are you using? Try a new spot. It is definitely not happy
The flow is moderate I may have a video of the flow of it. I've never had issues with the coral til this week. Nothing's changed. Lights are off atm but when it's on they're fully extended. I'm currently running 1x prime HD & 1x prime 16HD. I currently only have my return pump and jebao scp 120 on the W2 mode speed at 4.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a wall hammer. I’ve never kept them because they are notoriously difficult to keep alive. Like I said I would try a different location. Other than that you can try a coral dip..

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • None.

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.7%
Back