Hanging a hybrid Aquatic Life 48 in

Paleozoic_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just purchased an Aquatic Life 48in hybrid and I'm trying to see how I'm going to hang it. I was thinking modifying a shelf like below and hang them from them. Do I need to consider anything (other than making sure the brackets can handle the weight) when setting up hybrid lights? Also, I'll be using my Kessil 160's on the set up. Any input is greatly appreciated!

C7BDF1FA-5F93-497E-9464-73320C5D5E62.jpeg

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

A few things come to mind. I hung mine from the ceiling, is that not an option you can do.

The shelve is not a bad idea. You mentioned the first concern, weight. The next thing I would look at is how far off the wall the light will hang. You want the shelf long enough and wide enough to mount the hangers so the light is centered in the tank. Last thought would be height of the shelf. You want the shelf high enough that you can raise and lower the lamp In case they block access to the tank.

If you go with a shelf I would go with a different bracket like you mentioned and be sure to check load capacity. I would worry about the bracket in you pic. Something braced would be better

09BF8700-A58E-467D-89E0-BB8D33982CDC.jpeg

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely make sure you have enough height to raise and lower the light - we thought we had plenty of space to raise and lower the light until we hung it, and now we are looking for a different solution. Taking it down every time I need to get into the tank is a struggle.

If you have to hang it from the wall, maybe something like this?

OP
OP
Paleozoic_reefer

Paleozoic_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Mastiffsrule! I had the same concerns and was wondering what others did. Having a tank as a center piece of a room then added a hybrid light to it is more or a challenge than I thought! @CindyKz I absolutely love your suggestion!!....now I just need to get approval from the wifely on that style!!!:rolleyes:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 66 79.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.8%
Back