Hanging aquatic life t5 hybrid questions

ReefAddict16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to hang the fixture from the ceiling but looks like I need hooks. Will the hooks hold the fixture connected to the ceiling?

OP
OP
ReefAddict16

ReefAddict16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Rufus’ goofs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you either need to sink a couple hooks into your ceiling trusses (need a stud finder, or get clever with a tape) or find a couple of drywall anchors that are rated for the weight, and hopefully a fair bit more.
I don’t trust sheet rock, so I always double the weight recommendations.

OP
OP
ReefAddict16

ReefAddict16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you either need to sink a couple hooks into your ceiling trusses (need a stud finder, or get clever with a tape) or find a couple of drywall anchors that are rated for the weight, and hopefully a fair bit more.
I don’t trust sheet rock, so I always double the weight recommendations.
Do you think a toggle bolt would hold better?

michael giordano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hung mine from the ceiling with a radion in it. I ran the cable on each side through ceiling and then through a piece of 2x4 that sits on the truss in the attic. You can hang on the cords with your body weight and not pull my fixture down. You have to go in the ceiling to install, but you never need to worry and materials cost less that dry wall anchors.

Jgao

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone send a link for the toggle bolt that’ll work?

Jgao

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone post a link of a toggle bolt that works for the fixture and 2 radions?

Jgao

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty good. Do you know if they have anything that can work without hanging it off the ceiling?

Dan Cyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the mounts I made from square aluminum tubing for my Kessil A360s. I'll post a pic when I get to my computer

Dan Cyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty good. Do you know if they have anything that can work without hanging it off the ceiling?
That goes into the ceiling. Drill a hole the size of the toggle bolt, I usually go a little smaller if it's sheetrock and work the anchor through so it is tighter in the hole, then tighten it up so the hook is snug against the ceiling. The fixture isn't that heavy and as long as you don't have a pet monkey that will use it as a tree branch, you should be good! [emoji16]

Dan Cyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the brackets I made, they adjust up/down and in/out so I can use them on different tanks. Not fancy at all, but it was free [emoji12] and works perfect. They mount to the back of the stand and have sections with sleeves welded inside to them so they are compact when taking them apart. I am hanging the Aquatic life light now so when I'm done I'll post a pic
1521744130515.jpg

Dan Cyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plus with the t5 light housings, I'll have somewhere to mount my lunar lights besides that piece of pvc pipe ziptied to the arms [emoji853]

Jgao

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks neat! Not a handyman myself so can’t do that :(.

Dan Cyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the T5 light hung on the brackets I made. Hardest part was making it level each way. Bulbs got held up from weather, should be here tomorrow. Not the cleanest, but will be building a hood to cover it anyway
1521754011700.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back