Hanna Checker Cuvette Clarity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rimsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.

I wonder if there is a way to determine the clarity of Hanna Checker Cuvettes, so that one can determine if it is time to change them. I imagine that the checker itself should be able to give you a value for the cuvette with RO water that you can use to determine its "clarity". No additional special tool should be required.

Alternatively, I suppose that it is possible to perform a Phosphorus ULR (PPB) test (a regular test with tank water) with a new cuvette, take note of the value. Then repeat the test with another cuvette that you want to verify its "clarity", but after passing the first part of the test, you throw away the water and put the water from the other cuvette into this one and press the button quickly (to skip the 3 minute wait). If the value varies (increases) too much, then the cuvette should be replaced.

I hope that what I just described makes sense :)

Is there any other objective way to determine the clarity of the cuvette?

OP
OP
Rimsky

Rimsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
or simpler than the process I propose, could be to put RO water in a new cuvette, run the first part of the Phosphorus ULR (or Phosphate ULR) test, then replace the cuvette with the one you want to check for clarity (also with RO water) and complete the test. The result should be zero...

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for checking the clarity you could use a new cuvette for C1 and then use the older cuvette for C2 to see if there’s enough difference to give any kind of result.
Hanna makes a cuvette cleaning solution and there has to be plenty of diy cleaning options too. If you rinse them out well and fill with RO when storing you’ll get the longest life. But at the end of the day replacing a couple cuvettes once a year versus time spent verifying and cleaning, wouldn’t be the biggest waste of money we encounter in the hobby.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 65 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back