Hanna Checker Nitrate LR allways shows 0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lrossel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I'm using a brand new Hann Checker Nitrate LR. I believe is not working because it allways shows 0.00 after the 8 minutes measurement.

I made some contrasting measures with salifert tests and it shows under 1.00 measurement but no 0. I bought the Hanna Checker in Amazon because that other colour check test are very hard to read for me.

I can see the water sample turning gently to pink (see picture). But allways 0.00 result.

What do you think? That level of pink would be something greater than 0.00? Could be the checker wrong?

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-17 at 14.28.20.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-17 at 14.33.25.jpeg

OP
OP
L

Lrossel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Phosphate ULR too, and it shows some results above 0 even when with my eyes the water sample look almos transparent, that's why I think the Nitrate LR Checker could be wrong.

ndds73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From what I've seen and been using the Hanna LR Nitrate checker since it first came out is that when you see that light pink color you nitrate level is probably about 1ppm. Any time you see any hint of pink it is above zero so definitely the checker has problem. Return it and get a new one.
Good luck!!!

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that any detectable pink color should register as someting. I would put it in the 1-3 range. I would exchange it.

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say something is wrong with the checker. I have both the LR and the HR. They both measure very near the same. But you have carefully follow the LR one misstep and it’s inaccurate, especially if you’re using the dilution method.

If it were me I’d return it to Amazon and get the HR checker unless you have need for the low range.

out of context I know, but I bought the Hanna Marine Master and I love it so far. I’ve had it a few months now and I can run any of the Hanna tests by simply buying reagents for them. The exception being the low range nitrate, the kit comes with the reagents for the LR test but not the filter and the filter cartridge. It also doesn’t have the large syringe and blunt needle for the LR. It’s kinda weird to me they included the LR reagents but not the hardware you need for the test.

Last edited:

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what mine looks like at 0.3. Way less pink than yours showing 0.0
Screenshot_20220217-153828_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
L

Lrossel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all for the help.

Now is cleaer that it's just a failed Hanna Checker.

kass03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same thing happen with my checker from Amazon. I have 4 tanks and they all tested 0 which I don't believe so I returned it and got a new one and same thing happened. I read and reread the directions and thought I did it right. I don't remember if mine were pink though.

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a hanna nitrate HR in today (I realize this is an old thread), but just did my first test and got a 3.3 reading. I didn't think these read below 5 ppm, and I'm pretty sure my nitrates should be a lot higher on this tank. They were 33.2 8 days ago according the LR checker, and generally run around the 40 ppm area from what my eyes can tell with the red sea test kit.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back