Hanna Checkers. Are they all that. Are they worth the money?

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could start increasing the interval between calibrations since you're not seeing any significant drift.
Just peace of mind I think every 6 months is adequate

Smoke-Town

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Hanna phosphate ulr and alkalinity all the time and belive they're pretty accurate although I do occasionally see swings in the po4 readings. I find these 2 checkers to me a must for anyone... 2 of the most important paramters for making decisions. Super easy 2 step processes.

I have the Hanna ph and copper but have only used each if those a couple times so can't speak to accuracy of them but they are easy to use so they get a 10/10 for that.

I recently bought the Hanna calcium checker because it's so annoying to check it with the salifert method... to my dismay... this tester is even more complicated then the salifert which makes the whole idea of a checker pointless. I haven't even used it. After I i opened it and read the directions i still found it to be tedious and questioned weather or not I was doing what I was supposed to, so i just stopped and went back to salifert.

I wish someone made a simple, accurate calcium test.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back