Hanna H1736 ULR Phosphorous Tester Questions

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

I am using the Hanna H1736 Ultra Low Phosphorous Tester Kit and then use the Phosphorous to Phosphate conversion Chart provided by Hanna. I have a low nutrient issue in my tank and am trying to raise Phosphates using NeoPHos. I seem to get inconsistent readings on my test results. I ran 3 tests last evening with the following results:

Test 1 - .037 Phosphate
Test 2 - .006 Phosphate
Test 3 - .024 Phosphate

All tests completed within 15 minutes of each other. My test vials are always kept spotless.

Are others using this test get also getting inconsistent results? Is it maybe because my phosphates are still so low?

Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on when you fed as well as numbers can change with that. As long as you are using the same technique you should be fine. Every now and then I get a bad reagent packet of the phosPHATE ulr but I know it's wrong because of the consistency of testing I do.

OP
OP
J

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on when you fed as well as numbers can change with that. As long as you are using the same technique you should be fine. Every now and then I get a bad reagent packet of the phosPHATE ulr but I know it's wrong because of the consistency of testing I do.
So these three tests were done within 15 minutes of each other. I did 3 tests to confirm consistency, which seems to be off. I did just receive more reagents which I have not yet opened, so maybe I will do the same 3 sets of identical test again this evening and see what happens.

OP
OP
J

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So these three tests were done within 15 minutes of each other. I did 3 tests to confirm consistency, which seems to be off. I did just receive more reagents which I have not yet opened, so maybe I will do the same 3 sets of identical test again this evening and see what happens.
I continue to get various readings on mu Hanna ULR Phosphorus Tester. All tests done minutes after the previous test. Is anyone else encountering this? I wonder if there is a calibration test maybe?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 38 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.8%
Back