Hanna High Range Nitrate Checker Review

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hanna Marine Nitrate High range Checker is a new nutrient measuring tool to test nitrate levels in our reef and saltwater fish tanks. It was just last year that Hanna treated us to the low range Nitrate Checker which gave us an unprecedented look at very low levels of nitrate in our reef tanks…
Source

Continue reading...

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the nitrate Checker they should have released in the first place. I was literally dumbfounded when I first saw the range for the LR Checker was only 0-5 ppm without dilution. I was even more dumbfounded when I saw the testing procedure.

I'll buy this one.

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the nitrate Checker they should have released in the first place. I was literally dumbfounded when I first saw the range for the LR Checker was only 0-5 ppm without dilution. I was even more dumbfounded when I saw the testing procedure.

I'll buy this one.

I agree. I am disappointed I bought the LR Checker.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saltwateraquarium.com is taking preorders now, ETA of July. I've already placed my order. Woot Woot! Nitrates have been the Bain of my reefing existence. My NYOS Nitrate test kit will likely be due for replacement about the same time so I'm excited. I really LOVE the NYOS over the others but I still can't tell with anything more than a guess if I'm 15, 20 or 25.

Skibum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been awhile since I've been excited about any reefing gear. I'm going to grab this one soon. Love the Hanna Checkers.

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been awhile since I've been excited about any reefing gear. I'm going to grab this one soon. Love the Hanna Checkers.
Same. This checker has got me super excited. I'll finally know what my nitrates are at for the first time since I started the hobby in 2017. 16-25 is not an acceptable range with my current test kit. Imagine if we made changes to our alkalinity based on a test with that kind of reading range.

kecked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now a magnesium checker and the basics are covered. I want one that you add a drop of water to a device and it spits out Ca, KH, Mg, N03, P, ph, temp, salinity(including balance of Na/K from dosing) in under 1 min without adding anything including reagents. Purely spectroscopic.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'll buy this one.
Same here dude, I’ve been waiting for this

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now a magnesium checker and the basics are covered. I want one that you add a drop of water to a device and it spits out Ca, KH, Mg, N03, P, ph, temp, salinity(including balance of Na/K from dosing) in under 1 min without adding anything including reagents. Purely spectroscopic.
I’m with you! Where da MaG at!?!?

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just received my High range Nitrate Checker yesterday (Marine Depot). I’ve only ran a couple tests but so far appears pretty accurate compared to my Nyos test and Top Shelf testing results.

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I picked this up from RAP NY and I have to say I really like it. The wait time is 7 min so make sure you get an alarm or be like me the first time and forget.

Instructions are the same to the phosphate checker. Yay to Hanna!!!

feeduall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine yesterday. Nitrates at 23
stability Is out of wack. Noticed chaeto was dying off. Some zoas are not happy. Overdid it with water changes and marine pure balls. At least know I have a grasp of the issue. Just mailed of my monthly icp test. I read that the marine pure leaches ammonia and I think this started the imbalance

Last edited:

Skibum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had the tester for about 2 weeks now (Last order from MD... RIP). Anyway, I LOVE being able to add the reagent, mix for two minutes, click the button and wait for 7 minutes... and VOILA!... I get a real number. No guesstimating on the color. My big thing is keeping it a range to maintain my No3/Po4 ratio. After a couple of tests I'm giving it a couple thumbs up.

P.S. Hanna, if you're watching this thread:
1. Magnesium test kit needed
2. Potassium test kit needed

Paulwizal23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had the tester for about 2 weeks now (Last order from MD... RIP). Anyway, I LOVE being able to add the reagent, mix for two minutes, click the button and wait for 7 minutes... and VOILA!... I get a real number. No guesstimating on the color. My big thing is keeping it a range to maintain my No3/Po4 ratio. After a couple of tests I'm giving it a couple thumbs up.

P.S. Hanna, if you're watching this thread:
1. Magnesium test kit needed
2. Potassium test kit needed
So what where your readings??????

Skibum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what where your readings??????
last test was 30ppm. That was on purpose though as I was heavily doing n+p to get rid of dinos. Now that they're gone I'm just letting them adjust downward.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back