Hanna is coming out with a Nitrate low range checker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw this and passing it on. Hanna is coming out with a Low Range saltwater Nitrate checker. This is so exciting

link to Hanna and the new checker

The product is coming soon, so it will be like waiting for Christmas Day ;Hilarious

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw this in my email, bout time!!!
It is going to be so nice, not having to mess with the color scale any more.

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this on a fb post they made a couple minutes ago. Asked them about the ranges and they said the specs haven’t been nailed down yet. Really hoping it goes up to at least 25ppm as I like keeping them a little higher for my lps.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this on a fb post they made a couple minutes ago. Asked them about the ranges and they said the specs haven’t been nailed down yet. Really hoping it goes up to at least 25ppm as I like keeping them a little higher for my lps.
That would be great if the range went up to 25ppm

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see they are listening to the many of us that wrote in to request a nitrate checker.
I am running out of test solution on my current test ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Skibum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it tests up to 30 ppm I'm in. I will also test more than once every time Haley's comet comes around.

U

User1

View Badges
if it tests up to 30 ppm I'm in. I will also test more than once every time Haley's comet comes around.

Lol. It isn't that bad. I think we are starting to understand that nutrients in our tanks are not a bad thing. And each tank and/or hobbyist will have different levels. I think this will be a valuable tool but do not see me using it any more than the others I already have from them. And they are easy (Alk and Phosphate).

Nitrate and phosphate are just a pulse check now when the visual checks yield something questionable and trending. Just my opinion. Still, a nice tool never the less.

Skibum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. It isn't that bad. I think we are starting to understand that nutrients in our tanks are not a bad thing. And each tank and/or hobbyist will have different levels. I think this will be a valuable tool but do not see me using it any more than the others I already have from them. And they are easy (Alk and Phosphate).

Nitrate and phosphate are just a pulse check now when the visual checks yield something questionable and trending. Just my opinion. Still, a nice tool never the less.
Oh I know it's not bad. Nutrients= good. However If you have too much all the corals turn Green and Brown ;-)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+1

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaNerd is reporting a 0-5ppm reading.
I have not heard anything in the range. I guess we shall see when the checker hits the market. If I can hope for something is if the have a Low range like this one and a high range for use that like to run higher nutrients.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back