Hanna Leaking Vials/Caps Poll - Please vote!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Does your Hanna Checker vial/cap leak when you're running a test?

• Total voters

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had another thread going and got many responses, so wanted to start a thread with a poll so Hanna had some real data to go off of on this issue. Please vote if you use any Hanna Colorimeters.

poidog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I contacted Hanna and had new caps sent out to me, arrived today. It seems there was a bad batch of caps, without the seals, that got assembled into product. Give them an email, they were quick to rectify the issue.

OP
OP
B

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
100% they're support has been great for me as well, no issues there. But based on another thread it sounds like caps without the seals was the new official design, and if we're all emailing them for replacement caps that may not work out so well, hence my question to the group

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a standard to check one of my meters (PO4 I think), with the intent of using the new vial and cap for testing. Threw away the old vial and cap, not realizing the cap that came with the standard had no seal. It leaks when you shake it. Point of the story, if you buy a standard with the intent of using it later for testing, check the new cap for a seal before throwing away the old one.

waterskiguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that what's going on with them? I had one leaking the other day and didn't get a chance to check, to see why, after I cleaned it. Is it on all of the meters? The one I had a problem with was the copper meter. I'l have to look, when I get home, to see if mine has a seal or not.

Kris 2020

Super Active Excellent Well Known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some that have the cap liner and those work fine. And some that don’t and they leak like the dickens. Very annoying.

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have Alk, Ca and ULR Phosphate. ULR Phos had no seals. If I crank the cap down, I can get no leak, but sometimes the cap is then stuck (have to use pliers). Alk and Ca work perfect.

fiddlesticks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted Hanna today about a couple of caps that didn't have the seal, and leak, and the rep said they have a recall on those. He emailed my info to their recall team who is supposed to be sending me replacements.

excell007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
emailed hanna tech support and they sent me new caps with seal, received them yesterday.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%

Back