Hanna Marine Monitor Probes

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received the Hanna Marine Monitor, and asked their help desk some questions regarding their probes.

I'm looking to place them in the AIO WB MP25 middle (largest chamber). And if I turn off the return pump or the UV pump (same middle chamber) the water level rises (10-15 min)

They recomend the probe tops to NOT be submerged. Does anyone have any experience on this?

Also.... When doing water changes, I tend to drain the water from the rear chambers to keep that clean. They also said NOT to let them get dry.

Would 10-15 min of a probe not in water damage it?

Thank you in advance!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just received the Hanna Marine Monitor, and asked their help desk some questions regarding their probes.

I'm looking to place them in the AIO WB MP25 middle (largest chamber). And if I turn off the return pump or the UV pump (same middle chamber) the water level rises (10-15 min)

They recomend the probe tops to NOT be submerged. Does anyone have any experience on this?

Also.... When doing water changes, I tend to drain the water from the rear chambers to keep that clean. They also said NOT to let them get dry.

Would 10-15 min of a probe not in water damage it?

Thank you in advance!
Yes, probe tops are recommended Non-submerged. The probe is an electrode and to function properly and accurately, only the tip needs to be in the water because the sensor and reference portion needs to be dry to calculate the reading

OP
OP
Gaspipe

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, probe tops are recommended Non-submerged. The probe is an electrode and to function properly and accurately, only the tip needs to be in the water because the sensor and reference portion needs to be dry to calculate the reading
So your probes' top never get wet and the tips never get dry.

Does the water level where they are placed ever rise or drop?
Mine does in the rear chambers.

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would place them in the second chamber. If you have an ato, it should be placed in the return chamber. I don’t have any probes yet, but I would think ato water mixing in the same chamber could throw off the numbers anyway??

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So your probes' top never get wet and the tips never get dry.

Does the water level where they are placed ever rise or drop?
Mine does in the rear chambers.
I have mine 1- 1/2" into the water and correct- Never gets wet. Mine is in a sump section where level is constant- I run a Bashsea sump

OP
OP
Gaspipe

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so I placed them in the 2nd chamber and thankfully the probes are long enough for the tips to always be wet even during lower water levels and the tops to stay dry even during high water levels.

Thanks for the advice!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back