Hanna Nitrate Checker - 8 minute timer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

hhaase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fairly sure I'm doing things right, and the results match expectations, but there's one thing confusing me between the instructions and reality.

The instructions say that after you add reagent C and put the cuvette in a second time, it should display an 8 minute timer. The video from Hanna also shows this timer functioning. My unit doesn't do this. It says to insert C.2, which I do, and then I press the button. Then I get the same - - - as the other checkers for about 5-10 seconds, and a result is displayed. I never see any timer.

Am I doing something wrong?

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try pressing and holding the button. That’s how my phosphate checker is. If I tap the button it’s an instant reading, if I press and hold it’ll start the timer

TonyP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to press and hold the button until the 8:00 shows on the screen. I love the Nitrate Checker, it just takes some time to get used to but definitely not hard to use.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.8%
Back