Hanna Nitrate Checker Filter Washer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PaulC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the nitrate checker. After I did the test several times, it started to get easy to do quickly. I really like the readout - it's much better than the color comparison type tests.

Unfortunately, I lost the filter assembly washer down the drain. Now I can't run the test. Since neither the washer or the filter assembly is available separately, I'm not sure how to get going again.

Anyone else have the problem, or just me?

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the first person to mention the o ring going down the drain! My local Ace hardware carries o rings in various sizes and other types of washers in the plumbing/sink section. Maybe they have something that will fit in the filter?

OP
OP
P

PaulC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found that a standard garden hose washer is about the right size; however, they are generally to thick for the filter assembly.

I managed to cross section one with an exacto knife - not an easy task. It worked in the filter assembly and I was able to perform the test.

Hanna, you should put a spare washer in the kit. It is a real hassle if it gets lost.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You can buy the filter assembly separately here

OP
OP
P

PaulC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never saw that the filter assembly was available separately - that's good. But the price of $13 seems a bit salty. The whole checker is only $50

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never saw that the filter assembly was available separately - that's good. But the price of $13 seems a bit salty. The whole checker is only $50
Hanna sells a replacement. Even buying multiple filters the price per unit seems high. Have you Googled soft silicone gasket, o-ring or washer?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back