Hanna Nitrate HR is in the house!

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Just ordered from saltwater aquarium.com.
Anyone find reagents?
I looked online and couldn't find them. I contacted Hanna they said they will have them in about a week. They didn't know when the online stores would have them. You would think that the reagents would have been available at the same time to preorder them too.

Bpp124987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked online and couldn't find them. I contacted Hanna they said they will have them in about a week. They didn't know when the online stores would have them. You would think that the reagents would have been available at the same time to preorder them too.

I mean who could’ve predicted we’d want reagents?!?!?!

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Grallster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from Premium Aquatics yesterday and am excited to try it out! Mine only came with 10 reagents as well. Not sure why reagents would take so long to get out—seems like the only holdup would be the box…

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from Premium Aquatics yesterday and am excited to try it out! Mine only came with 10 reagents as well. Not sure why reagents would take so long to get out—seems like the only holdup would be the box…
Hey thats probably it, its a box issue or something, obviously they have the reagents in packaging already but the box! Thats thinking outside the box reefer!

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I don’t know the reason but they’re unlikely to sell the reagents without people having the checkers, so maybe they’re prioritizing the first reagent production runs so they have enough to supply with the first checker packages.

Once demand slows down for the checkers (and more and more people have them) then they can package later reagent batches on their own.

That’s just an uninformed guess though.

I’m a bit surprised that BRS doesn’t have them. I must admit I thought I would see them today, after their promotion week had ended. Their new acquisition Marine Depot had them, Premium Aquatics had them and sold out already, Saltwater Aquarium still has some left.

I would be amazed if BRS doesn’t have them already and are waiting for a time when they want to release them (or for conspiracy theorists, maybe they had a secret pre-order list that only select people knew about!).

Mattyreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked one up at RAP today. It was only 9:30am and he said they only had 4 left (including mine). Show price was $45 which was nice. Didn't think to ask about reagents until after I left but mine did only come with 10.

Did a reading as soon as I got home and realized I've been misreading my Nyos test for a while. I could clearly see what it was when I was maintaining NO3 around 5ppm. But I've recently beat gha and now battling dino and my nutrients have been all over. For the past ~two weeks I've been reading it as 10 but the Hanna checker came out 18.5ppm. I did a Nyos test right after and can see that it's probably closer to the 25 mark than the 12.

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No agreed, when I record my test results I’ll be rounding to the nearest whole number just to avoid that number chasing dragon.

Grallster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Premium Aquatics must have had 2 batches of checkers so far. I saw them on the site but it said “sold out”. Used the email in stock notification to alert me when they were back in stock and just got it yesterday.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does anyone know the cost of the reagents?

I was just about to pull the trigger but Premium Aquatics has the reagents (out of stock) listed at $15. I' assuming that they've temporarily cloned the Low Range checker listing but if they do end up being $15 then that works out pretty expensive.

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little confused but can someone clear up this question? I have the ULR Nitrate Hanna, and I tend to do the dilution method since sometimes I hover above 5ppm nitrates, if you do without the dilution you get an error saying you are above the 5ppm need to redo to get exact number above 5ppm. This is annoying so I just tend to always do the dilution more steps but I get a number always on the 1st try.

Okay, so the question is will this NItrate HR cover from 1ppm up to 50ppm? If that is the case, I am in since I am not liking so many steps with the ULR tester.

Someone needs to do both tests the ULR vs HR and post a picture so see the accuracy of this All in one product, 1 regent and you get a solid reading? Eveyone that has ordered the new one, should have the old test kit in the closet, please measure with both and report findings. Thanks....

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back