Hanna Nitrate HR is in the house!

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was able to pre-order a Hanna High Range Nitrate checker a while back and received it today! Only 1 powder reagent. Process is pretty similar to ULR Phosphorous. On, C1 add sample, C2 add reagent, mix for two minutes and hold for 7 minute count down.

Much smaller than the Nitrate LR.

I'll post back later after it's first use.

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m happy for you and interested in your results.

That said, I’m frustrated with Hanna. I signed up to their mailing list to be notified when the LR went on sale and then when the HR went on sale. Neither time have I been contacted. However their spam gets through just fine! Save 10% when you spend $600 my *******. :mad:

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very simple to do. Reagent is not a powder like the LR, more crystalline. Test is very similar to the ULR Phosphorous except it's a 7 minute count down.

First test result

Second test result

Not too bad on reproducibility.

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!! And I found an link that let me order on Marine Depot, fingers crossed it actually ships. :p

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your other test kit?
Is it close to what your other test results were?

Good question. I haven't done those yet. I leave for vacation in the morning and haven't started to pack!

I'll try to do the LR dilution test today as well as check with my Salifert and NYOS.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question. I haven't done those yet. I leave for vacation in the morning and haven't started to pack!

I'll try to do the LR dilution test today as well as check with my Salifert and NYOS.
I was told by a friend recently that when you are retired, you need to start using the term “traveling” instead of “vacation” :)

jassermd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!! And I found an link that let me order on Marine Depot, fingers crossed it actually ships. :p
If you don't get the opportunity to get one, I accidently ordered 2 and have both coming tomorrow. I'd be glad to sell you one of them. PM if you're interested.
I accidently pre-ordered from both Hanna and MD... :rolleyes:

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine shipped this morning from my preorder with saltwateraquarium.com. Fishtanksdirect.com finally got my ReefDose4 in today and put it straight back on the UPS truck to me. It will be here tomorrow. Great communication and service on that one. I was going to go pick it up today but the delivery came about an hour later than the time I was set to pass through Nokomis.
I'm really looking forward to the Hannah... maybe I can finally see what my NYOS kit was telling me. My results never match the colors.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The low range kit isn't nearly complicated as it is made out to be but right tool for the right job so it is good to see this come to market.
Yes, it really is as complicated as it's made out to be imo. I'd rather see Kool aid colors on an API than replace a paper filter again.

fuelman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back