Hanna ph tester. Hi98103 Setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Taxus812

Destroyer of corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reading the instructions and was setting the meter up.

There are three packets included.
  • Hi7000007 ph 7.01 buffer solution
  • Hi700004 ph4.01 buffet solution
  • Hi7000601 cleaning solution
The instruction have you soak the tip in the ph 7.01 solution for several hours before calibrating. You

Here is my first question. Do you throw out the solution you used To ”soak” the tip in and use new packet? (Will the ph change that fast?)

They state to store the meter by adding hi70300 storage solution. There isnt any included. Are they referring to then cleaning solution? The don’t mention the use of the cleaning solution anywhere in the directions.

Thanks again

image.jpg

Brad Miller

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually had one for about 10 years or so, obviously an older model, and used it for testing boiler and cooling tower water at work. ( the tip dried out and crystallized from not using it for a long time and threw it away last year)
You need to store the tip with a cap on it and keep it wet with the 7.0 buffer or the storage solution in the cap.
The small soft packets that they give you are for a one time calibration, then throw them away and buy others as needed to calibrate once in a while.
You should buy the bottled stoage solution to store the cap wet...if the test prope tip drys out it may not work well again.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back