Hanna Phosphate “Low Range” Checker Question

CrunchTime Rell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help me, I’m reading a “0.17” is that high than a “0.2” or is it lower than?. Is my “0.17” in-between a “0.1- 0.2” I am getting mixed info from my local LFS’s

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a good level for a “softy & lps” system?
In my opinion it is a loaded question...I had 1 ppm (Salifert kit) for quite some time and had a hammer grow well and all my softies didn't care. I did have a serious algae problem...nitrates were around 30 ppm. I dropped the numbers to around where you are and things were fine...the hammer didn't like the drop, but everything got used to my lower numbers.

if your corals are doing fine and you don't have excessive algae growing over everything don't worry too much about numbers.

OP
OP
CrunchTime Rell

CrunchTime Rell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not bad 0.17ppm, provided it’s not increasing, and stuff is happy.
If your system works well at that number and you have no algae problems, just monitor that.
Ok great. I have no algae, corals are happy. Like you say just need to monitor it

OP
OP
CrunchTime Rell

CrunchTime Rell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion it is a loaded question...I had 1 ppm (Salifert kit) for quite some time and had a hammer grow well and all my softies didn't care. I did have a serious algae problem...nitrates were around 30 ppm. I dropped the numbers to around where you are and things were fine...the hammer didn't like the drop, but everything got used to my lower numbers.

if your corals are doing fine and you don't have excessive algae growing over everything I don't worry too much about numbers.
Thanks. So far everything is doing good

Back