Hanna Phosphorus ULR Checker Not Working

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning, I turned on my Hanna Phosphorus ULR checker all OK, pressed the button again to begin testing and nothing. Held the button down and nothing, it stayed on. Took the battery out and put it back in again, turned on, same problem. Changed the battery, same problem. Has anyone else seen this issue with this or any other Hanna checker? Cant see a reset button any where but I now have a checker that turns on then ignores all button presses thereafter!

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure if you read the manual but it is supposed to be 1 press to turn it on, then put in bottle with tank water then press again to calibrate. Wait for it to show C2, then take bottle out to add reagent then put it back in the machine then press and hold to start the timer.

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, just contacted Hanna and they confirmed there is a problem with it. Not impressed, just over a year old and it stopped working.

JerseyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but I had the same problem. My issue was with the bottom door that is screwed on. When taking it off, you need to be careful not to bend the electrical contacts. I repositioned the bottom contacts with the pin connection and battery connection and reinstalled. Everything worked from there. Maybe my issue was unique but it’s odd that an electrical device would just stop working. Mine was more of a physical/functional issue. Good luck!

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the information. I contacted Hanna and the recommended to send it into them but what with the postage and the repair cost, I just brought another one. I have kept the old one so I will have a look at what you recommend as I may get it working again and have a spare :)

Thank you

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back