Hanna salinty problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sent my salinty checker back to BRS after three weeks of hoping it would make my life easier. The thing would not hold calibration for more than a couple of days. Did I just get a bad one or are others having the same problem [emoji51].

Taxus812

Destroyer of corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not at all. Mine has been spot on and I even dropped it a few times. The only time I had an issue was if I accidentally hit the cal button. It seems if you do that it clears the calibration. I really like my meter. I used a refractometer to check against every now and then. My hydrometer is hit or miss.

daelie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you opening a new calibration pack every few days to check whether or not it was holding its calibration? Curious just how you were sure it lost calibration.

OP
OP
J

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you opening a new calibration pack every few days to check whether or not it was holding its calibration? Curious just how you were sure it lost calibration.
I became suspicious mixing fresh salt for my weekly water change. The readings started looking off so I checked with my refractometer. I then checked my two tanks and the reading had changed a couple ppm from the day before which never happens. That's when I started re calibrating the unit and checking it over the course of a week. It kept drifting by several PPT. After calibration it was accurate for a day but wrong in a day or so.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I calibrate the HI96822 every time I turn it on with a couple of drop of distilled water as us states in the instructions
hanna .png

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sent my salinty checker back to BRS after three weeks of hoping it would make my life easier. The thing would not hold calibration for more than a couple of days. Did I just get a bad one or are others having the same problem [emoji51].
For anyone experiencing issues with any of our products please email [email protected]

We warranty and support all of our instruments and will be happy to fix any issues you are experiencing.

You may also call 401-765-7500 Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm EST and ask for technical support.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had mine for probably over a decade and it's still spot on. I check every 1-2 weeks and the battery is still at 96% lol

A few months back I was replacing some expired test kits and bought some salinity calibration solution and a brand new refractometer just to make sure everything was good. No issues.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone experiencing issues with any of our products please email [email protected]

We warranty and support all of our instruments and will be happy to fix any issues you are experiencing.

You may also call 401-765-7500 Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm EST and ask for technical support.
Thanks just sent tech support a message

OP
OP
J

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had mine for probably over a decade and it's still spot on. I check every 1-2 weeks and the battery is still at 96% lol

A few months back I was replacing some expired test kits and bought some salinity calibration solution and a brand new refractometer just to make sure everything was good. No issues.
Maybe I should have been more specific. I'm referring to the newly released checker

OP
OP
J

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was in contact with Hanna through email and the fella was very helpful but when I continued to have issues it seemed easier to just return it to BRS.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I should have been more specific. I'm referring to the newly released checker

Ohhh sorry. I thought you meant the HI 96822. They're like 180$ nowadays. But if you want something super solid and loooong lasting, its definitely something to consider. (If budget allows of course)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back