Happy Election Day! Elect your next reef food and WIN!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Avast Justin

Avast Justin

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh I remember this. I think i saw a post on RC about an automatic frozen food feeder that was in the works. Too bad that didn't work out.
In a way, it did- we learned that correctly feeding freeze-dried food yields the same attractant and nutritional benefits of frozen, but without the mess of dealing with ice and water. I haven't had to mess with frozen food (and all the expense and work that goes along with it) for many years now. It's hard to imagine going back to dealing with it.

I was recently asked about tangs and whether I supplement any other seaweed or nori besides Jerky. There are three types of seaweed cut into little flakes (1/8”-1/4” size) in Reef Jerky. It’s about 10% of the mix. I don’t supplement nori. My tangs graze on a few little patches of red furry algae in my tank (luckily I don’t have the red wiry kind) but besides that, they get Jerky exclusively. My old powder blue that I've had since 2010 or so looks perfect with that deeper blue coloration you see on wild PBTs vs the washed-out light blue look that some get in captivity. He's been getting Jerky exclusively since 2016 or 2017. I'll try to get a good pic of him.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back