Happy Fathers Day Aquarium Maintenance Rant Video

Clueless_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep as the title says - happy Father's Day everyone! Here's a rant to just blow off some steam when doing my water change yesterday basically went wrong, and wrong again, and again. 'Figured a few people can relate :D

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious— as I have owned parrots—how do you keep an open bird cage right up against an open aquarium? (I’m thinking feathers, dander, seeds, etc, etc?)

OP
OP
Clueless_Reefer

Clueless_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, good question. So, Franky (the parakeet) does fuss around and fly in his cage occasionally but typically all his feathers fall to the floor. A key thing was the actual cage we purchased - we have the food doors actually facing the water so all his food gets deflected and its not high enough to just fall in. We keep his millet on the opposite side since that does fall onto the floor. It also helps that all of his perches are on the opposite side of the cage - so in our case he's only close to the tank when he goes to get a drink or eat.

I think since our cage is probably smaller than your parrot cages, we can get away with the proximity and also because Frankie almost always is on the opposite side of the cage.

2021-06-22 18_25_50-Photo - Google Photos — Mozilla Firefox.png

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 44 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back