Hard lesson learned: Kamoer STP (buyer beware due to parts availability)

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two of these driving my reactors (Calcium and Nitrate). They work great but my huge Geo CR818 has trouble keeping up with the demand of my 300g...just to keep up with alk demands I need to dose 120ml per second at 6.0ph using arm extra course. This wears out pump heads and tubes fast...

I found how to buy the head tube in bulk via us plastics but getting replacement pump heads is next to impossible so you have to look at these things as replaceable units every 8-12 months (at $299, it's not cheap!). I thought availability issues might be temporary but it seems to have had availability issues dating back to 2019+

I am staying away from Kamoer from now on, if you can't keep up with replacement parts I do not want you.

This hobby really needs more options for peristaltic pumps. Hopefully 18 years from now the Versa will finally be purchasable.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to get full kamoer KCS pumps (the kind that is built into the STP pumps) directly from kamoer for about 60 dollars or so. I'm sure they also have replacements for just the rollers. Shipping just takes a while, but hat doesn't matter if you buy several for the next years.

Coral vue also has parts AFAIK

OP
OP
2Wheelsonly

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral vue is sold out also, as is kamoer (don't even see the pump roller head on their site).

Great little pumps but without wearable part replacement availability, a continuous duty pump is useless.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral vue is sold out also, as is kamoer (don't even see the pump roller head on their site).

Great little pumps but without wearable part replacement availability, a continuous duty pump is useless.
I meant kamoers official shop on aliexpress

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back