HARD PLUMB A CHILLER AND UV STERILIZER

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Not necessary on the valves”. Because somebody said u needed union valves. What I was saying is that u can just have regular valves and unions elsewhere. U don’t need “union valves”. Get it? Lol

Well, you weren’t clear on that LOL - get it? Once you get a bit more experience in the hobby you may find that spending a little up front for better quality true union valves is money well spent. Cheap, non union valves, tend to be exactly that: cheap! I will always counsel folks to buy good quality valves. I’ve some GF+ union valves at home that have been in service for over 20 years. You’re welcome !

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you weren’t clear on that LOL - get it? Once you get a bit more experience in the hobby you may find that spending a little up front for better quality true union valves is money well spent. Cheap, non union valves, tend to be exactly that: cheap! I will always counsel folks to buy good quality valves. I’ve some GF+ union valves at home that have been in service for over 20 years. You’re welcome !
The only diff between a union valve and a regular valve is the unions lol. The price spike is just due to having a more specialized item. But All valves will seize over time if they’re not exercised regularly(that’s the key), even your precious true union valves buddy. You’re welcome!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as far as unions cepex or spears?

If you’re talking just unions, as opposed to valves, I personally prefer the Spears models. They’re smaller in diameter than most other brands.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only diff between a union valve and a regular valve is the unions lol. The price spike is just due to having a more specialized item. But All valves will seize over time if they’re not exercised regularly(that’s the key), even your precious true union valves buddy. You’re welcome!

Don’t wish to derail this chaps thread any further with any further silliness, though it did make me laugh that you quoted your own comment and then agreed with it. Thanks for that.

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t wish to derail this chaps thread any further with any further silliness, though it did make me laugh that you quoted your own comment and then agreed with it. Thanks for that.
I quoted my own comment to correct something that I had said mistakenly to show that I corrected myself, not to agree with myself. Smh. And silly? We’re just talkin reef tanks here buddy. We all have an opinion based on our own mistakes and successes within the hobby. That’s the whole point of a forum. Everything is taken with a grain of salt.

Jclj2005

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have a UV light but I hard piped my chiller..... same one as you I think....

E21CDF4A-2D59-402C-95F5-A7A632FE00BB.jpeg
What fittings did you use? I have a 1/4 hp and 1inch pvc is to small and 1.25 pcv is to big to thread on it

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back