hardest fish to keep in the home aquarium that you currently have

sailfintang

CMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a fish pic. I guess the proxy server wont let me edit my post.

IMG_5927.JPG

Great looking fish, where did you get that one from been looking online and have not found one yet.

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont have him anymore but my hardest was a blue ribbon eel. had him for a year and once acclimated he was easy but for awhile i had to shove food down his throat. what a pain in the butt but it worked and slowly he started taking it on his own and all was good after that

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good looking achilles man. My achilles is a bit of a mixed blessing. He is a gorgeous healthy fish that I have had since before he even had an orange spot, but he is a mean sob :). Punks my sohal all of the time

Thanks bro! I am thinking about getting a Sohal myself once I get the coral eating Majestic Angel out of my 270g!!

Acilles and Clown tangs fall into the same category, they often don't live, but once they do you'll sometimes wish they didn't because of how mean they can be.

Yeah my Achiiles is getting a little feisty with my Chevron and PBT.

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always wanted those when I had a 100gal. Just heard they were hard to keep as to why I never tried. Gorgeous fish btw.

wrasseluver

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always wanted those when I had a 100gal. Just heard they were hard to keep as to why I never tried. Gorgeous fish btw.

Thanks once they start to eat pellets very easy to keep but it's hard to get them to do that. It was 3 month of frozen food and lots of water changes to keep up with the frozen food in the tank.

nivram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im always looking for saltwaterfish.com to get them in.. so your saying it wont eat frozen foods?

I've gotten it to eat frozen mysis, blood worms and brine shrimp. But the fish still gets emaciated.

For those that asked. I got mine from a pcs here in FL. However I see them on liveaquaria from time to time.

I

inactive

View Badges
I'm getting mine to accept frozen right now.. still is being a turd about it.

ThaBeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My Copperbanded Butterfly is my most difficult fish right now. Almost didn't get him through quarantine. He's been in my 210 display for 5 months now, still only eats mysis shrimp

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Update on my forktail blenny, he's eating like a champ now. He'll eat pretty much any of the frozen foods I feed and of course pellets. He has a hard time with a lot of the stuff cause his mouth is so darn small.

The purple tilefish is still a pig like all the other fish. He'll even eat out of my hand.

OP
OP
acanman

acanman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i always wanted to try and keep a ribbon eel but i dont want to pretty much force feed it... and i cant seem to keep a mardarin dragonet alive for more than a week.. my tank has plenty of pods,cant figure it out.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Male ornate leopard wrasse right now. Had a male M. bipartitus for over 7 months (eating like normal one day, then dead the next). Over the lat week, I've lost my female M. meleagris. I've had her for three years, so she was healthy...

tc269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100_1797.jpg

Here is my achillies had him for a little more than a year now in my 90gl. He is doing great never got ich even when I first put him in.

OP
OP
acanman

acanman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100_1797.jpg

Here is my achillies had him for a little more than a year now in my 90gl. He is doing great never got ich even when I first put him in.
thats awesome i love achillies but afraid of ich.. and i dont have a quarantine

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back