IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

wrasseluver

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow nice pipe fish. I won't one so bad but I have a lot of current in my tank. What do you feed them do any of your fish give them problems? How long have you had them?

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D3monic that is a sweet looking setup man, pipefish, sea fans, gorgonians, very nice !
Have a thread about your tank or a FTS ?

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i always wanted to try and keep a ribbon eel but i dont want to pretty much force feed it... and i cant seem to keep a mardarin dragonet alive for more than a week.. my tank has plenty of pods,cant figure it out.

Consider a White Ribbon Eel ? The LFS I work at has had 2 for for at least 2 months and we have been able to take care of them, also from a thread I read where someone kept one for a prolonged amount of time they won't eat shrimp that are already established in the aquarium. Always taking a chance though :tongue: haha

OP
OP
acanman

acanman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider a White Ribbon Eel ? The LFS I work at has had 2 for for at least 2 months and we have been able to take care of them, also from a thread I read where someone kept one for a prolonged amount of time they won't eat shrimp that are already established in the aquarium. Always taking a chance though :tongue: haha
thanks.. never heard of the white ribbon.. do they try to escape the tank like most eels? cause my tank is open..

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks.. never heard of the white ribbon.. do they try to escape the tank like most eels? cause my tank is open..

Yes it will, escape artists like the others and if they get on the ground....... They are super hard to pick up haha

Jason edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D3monic that is a sweet looking setup man, pipefish, sea fans, gorgonians, very nice !
Have a thread about your tank or a FTS ?

Heres my tank thread. Its a 75gal seagrass macro tank dedicated to pipefish. I also have a pair of anthias but I am concidering moving them due to thier aggresive feeding.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/f52/macro-seagrass-pipe-tank-bunch-o-33821.html

I am still working on getting everyone frozen trained currently only one of the pipes readily accepts frozen foods. (would be much easier to train them if not for the anthias)

I am not happy with the lighting color of the tank. Once I get my tax return I am replacing some bulbs. Doesnt help the tank gets lots of direct sunlight from a curtainless window. Yet another thing on the tax return to do list.

Last edited:

minirex4777

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Achilles are super sensitive to water quality and stress and keeping them healthy means lo stress.even when you approach your tank quickly you can trigger stress.move slowly around your fish,this will help not to scare them.dont believe me try it and watch how comfortable the fish are when you move slowly in the tank versus doing things quickly.good luck and dont even try an achilles until you have had a tank healthy for 6 months not just six months of cycle!!!!

ilovereef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've dealt with so many exotic marine fish, you name it, I had it. the one thats always gives me a problem, wild percula clowns

110reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
or a morish idol

I have a Moorish Idol. Been in my tank since last March, been in captivity since the end of January 2009. It has been a very easy fish to keep, it eats pellets, flakes or anything I put in the tank, it is outgoing and beautiful. It also eats zoanthids, but I never had a great zoanthid collection anyway. I really love this fish. I hope it continues to thrive like it has been over the past year.

0531092145a-1.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back