harlequin tusk in an sps tank???

Werdlone

what?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want some input..My all time fav fish has always been the harlequin tusk. I used to have fish only tanks and always love them and triggers..especially my blue line (fuscus). I wonder if I could keep one in my sps dominated reef.

tangs:
hippo
orange shoulder
tomini
vlamingi
naso

blue throat trigger
percula clown
royal gramma
six line wrasse
spotted mandarin
cleaner goby
3 lyretail anthias

lost count on blue leg hermits, various snails

Murfman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from wet web media;

Predator/Prey Relations
Most everything leaves a harlequin tusk alone and vice versa. Though I've seen incorrigible triggers and angels make passing forays at a Tuskfish, they rarely do damage or continue. Alternatively Lienardella will generally not gobble down damsels, clowns et al. they've grown up with, but should not be trusted with small gobies, blennies, etc.. Reef tank invertebrates are definitely on their menu.

Not gonna nip at corals, it is the small fish and inverts you won't be able to keep.

Reefinginpasadena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard of a few ppl keeping them they bought them young and its been ok for them but i wouldnt suggest getting one they could deffinitly start eating corals and they are aggrissive fish so he could beat up other fish you might want.

sailfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one in my reef he is fine with corals. He loves the cleaner shrimp and lets them clean him all day but I did add some peppermints and I believe they became food. I have no small fish so cannot comment on that. My smallest fish a fairy wrasses.

Joe

Tswifty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The general consensus I've heard is that they are coral safe, but not invert safe.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back