Harolds Noopsyche K7 testing with 'sticks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! looking great!! what are you doing with yur old brackets?? looking to get rid of them?

I have them all in a box . I guess sure, these should really work for any light if you’re willing to do small mods

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty good, Harold. As with any new product, it seems they have some tweaks to make but hopefully you testers can help with that. 0-10v control would also be nice

Keep us updated on growth and color in your reefer.

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill have a 2 week update soon! I think it's going really well. A certain piece of mine, a TCK Pikachu, is getting a yellow that it never had before. It was brown, but now if becoming really really yellow starting at the tips and coming down. I will also update with photos of the acros from the prior page.

I also rewrote their guide a bit, to make it more understandable. Basically in manual mode (no remote, using your own timer), it will have the red light on. You can set it to 0,25,50,75, or 100%. It will remember the setting after power is cut off. Hold the button to change modes. In automatic mode, blue, you can set the program using the controller.

The controller instructions do not translate well at all... I may make a dedicated video rather than rewrite the instructions. Not sure yet. I did have to help 2 other members set up their controller, so clearly the instructions are not good.

I am STILL waiting for a response from @noopsyche regarding if I can get more than 7 data points, to get a smoother schedule. They seem to be avoiding answering me?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DWwph-5ITrCUt6ipb0x9YS16hcJYx7St/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

alpinestar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TheHarold So I've got the light mounted and can get manual mode to work but I can't get the automatic mode with the data points to work for the life of me. I tried to decipher and follow the youtube video but no luck. Any advice would be MUCH appreciated!

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TheHarold So I've got the light mounted and can get manual mode to work but I can't get the automatic mode with the data points to work for the life of me. I tried to decipher and follow the youtube video but no luck. Any advice would be MUCH appreciated!
Hi, can you post the settings % per each setting point you are using now? I'm having problems with my corals. All ready bleach three.

Did you get it figured out? Sorry, I wasn't receiving notifications for the thread!

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did add my 48" Orphek Bars to the fixture, to get more coverage. I was coming from T5, and there seems to be slightly more shadowing with LEDs. Not unusual and might have been fine :)

8tknk19.jpg

N3k8ZlC.jpg

C1dYkZ2.jpg

Gino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I did turn down the % a little but they still unhappy. The few SPS left dosen't chow polyp extention at all. I been monitoring my parameters closely thinking that it could be the problem, but they are in check and steady. So far, is a work in progress but if you got an idea let me know.

alpinestar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you need to press the button once on all the LED fixtures while in auto mode- then T for transmit the program. After that, the fixtures will be paired and respond w/o touching them the button again.
T is to set the time on my controller. Does nothing else. H is the transmit function but doesn't work....Ugh

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T is to set the time on my controller. Does nothing else. H is the transmit function but doesn't work....Ugh

H is what I meant. You need to press the buttons on the lights once, while they’re blue, and then transmit the signal.

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I did turn down the % a little but they still unhappy. The few SPS left dosen't chow polyp extention at all. I been monitoring my parameters closely thinking that it could be the problem, but they are in check and steady. So far, is a work in progress but if you got an idea let me know.

I dont know what percents you are using-- have you posted your program somewhere, or are you using mine? The whites on these fixtures are VERY strong.

You could also rent a par meter from BRS if you are worried about PAR levels.

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. Thank you to the early adopters.

Only issue is that I am no longer using just their LEDs- I added Orphek bars for more coverage. This was to deal with the shadowing caused by LEDs versus my older unit, T5s. I have lots of Acropora colonies, and need them to be lit from not just above.

So not as good of a test... :(

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back