Harold's Shadowbanned 300ml of Sticks and Tangs

OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Beautiful tanks! Love the hybrid fixtures. Is that the lumenbar colors attached to the light over the reefer?
Mind giving an update on current fish stock list and how the tangs are doing together?

Thanks!

So your questions are mixing tanks, so I’ll make sure to differentiate.

On the reefer 350:
The LED bars are Orphek, a custom ordered UV/Royal blue hybrid bar. I really like them, for the price it’s a fantastic value.
The stocking there is a scopa tang, pair of clowns, and a mandarin.

On the 300 gallon:
All the tangs are doing excellent. Super fat, and barely any aggression.

Stocking includes:
Blue Hippo Tang
Yellow Scopa Tang
Sohol Tang
Sailfin Tang
Pair of clowns
Mandarin
Random wrasse

OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Going pretty amazing- I just scraped the coralline off everything, so figured I would share a photo. The spectrum is very true here.

The anemones from @Cultivated Reef are doing comically well. One is on the right side.... and then 7 are on the rock on the left side LOL.

hdsoftail1065

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Going pretty amazing- I just scraped the coralline off everything, so figured I would share a photo. The spectrum is very true here.

The anemones from @Cultivated Reef are doing comically well. One is on the right side.... and then 7 are on the rock on the left side LOL.

Looking VERY nice!

saf1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Had to stop back by to catch up after catching you in the Fritz thread.

Love everything. You are doing a super awesome sauce job! Hope some of my Monties and other small frags can turn into a nice overall display like yours one day.

krbshappy71

View Badges
Reaction score
First thought that came to mind, can that be composted? Found out it can. (I wasn't sure if the salt would be an issue, I compost everything I can.) WOW to your tanks!!

OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Had to stop back by to catch up after catching you in the Fritz thread.

Love everything. You are doing a super awesome sauce job! Hope some of my Monties and other small frags can turn into a nice overall display like yours one day.
Thanks!!! Yours will get there for sure— just needs time :)

OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
First thought that came to mind, can that be composted? Found out it can. (I wasn't sure if the salt would be an issue, I compost everything I can.) WOW to your tanks!!
Interesting! I wonder if I can feed it to my 40+ tortoises lol. Or if the salt would be harmful

Corals.com

krbshappy71

View Badges
Reaction score
Interesting! I wonder if I can feed it to my 40+ tortoises lol. Or if the salt would be harmful
Ooh I dunno but I have a box turtle, great question, I'll google and see what I can find out.....
Ok so far it looks like yes they can have it but not in excess, it can't replace their main greens but is safe as a treat. https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/seaweed-as-a-part-of-my-tortoises-diet.173455/
another link same forum: https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/seaweed-as-a-snack.95644/
I also enjoyed this article, but then I'm an internet junkie: http://www.wetwebmedia.com/algfoodfaqs.htm

Last edited:

What keeps you "driving forward" in this hobby?

• Tank success

Votes: 156 39.7%
  • Hobby Friendships

Votes: 13 3.3%
  • Boredom

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Fish as your pets

Votes: 97 24.7%
  • Can't quit now! Too much invested.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • I make money from the hobby

Votes: 7 1.8%