Has any Red Sea G2 owners successfully got their hands on the custom pipe connector kit from RS?

VanCityReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My G1 425 XL burst after 2 years and RS sent me the 425 G2 as a replacement (managed to save all fish and 95% of coral). Unfortunately for me, none of the customizations I made for my G1 will fit on the G2. This includes the previous connection kit I used to custom the return, overflow, and emergency overflow. The parts for the new kit are called the R42657USA. I am attempting to order it directly from RS, but their response time isn't the quickest, and in the meantime, I can't seem to find the part anywhere else. This time around for this build, I only plan on customizing the return. I am tempted to cut the stock return and build on to that, but I can't find the dimensions of the return listed anywhere. This new build has been a bit of a headache and I feel so bad for my fish stuck in their temporary tanks until I can get the new system up and running.

If anyone knows where else you can get the R42657USA or what the dimensions of the return piping are on the 425 G2, that would be greatly appreciated

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 67 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back