Has Anyone’s XR15’s Locked Out From Power Bump???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has Anyone’s XR15’s Locked Out From Power Bump?

I had 3x 1 month old xr15’s lock out after a power bump & Ecotech Tech support states there are no reported cases???

Mine had blue led’s lit on the power packs, but all 3 units were dark & unresponsive. The buttons didn’t even get a response?

My Vectra M2 also switched modes & speeds… wouldn’t connect to mobius…

Is this the norm for power bumps? Anyone else have similar issues?

cale47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has Anyone’s XR15’s Locked Out From Power Bump?

I had 3x 1 month old xr15’s lock out after a power bump & Ecotech Tech support states there are no reported cases???

Mine had blue led’s lit on the power packs, but all 3 units were dark & unresponsive. The buttons didn’t even get a response?

My Vectra M2 also switched modes & speeds… wouldn’t connect to mobius…

Is this the norm for power bumps? Anyone else have similar issues?
I am having this same issue at the moment with one of my G4’s, it’s the newest one of the bunch and was working fine until I moved it and plugged it in and now it’s unresponsive to any power brick. All connections on the inside are in perfect condition does anyone know what’s going on?

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You both might try resetting to factory specs and starting over . Sometimes just unplugging and plugging it back in might do the trick . Also deleting and re installing the mobius app . I had a old g4 that was doing great until I messed with it and I did all three of these suggestions and it went back to working like a charm . Don’t remember which one worked cause if I remember after I unplugged it I reset and deleted the app at the same time . I don’t know if it was the combination of all three or that last two steps I did , but it worked . Then about two months later I bought three gen 5 blues brand new . Hope that works for you guys !!!

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cale47 i never got an answer… I cycled power several times, and nothing. I cycled the next day, and all 3 lights came online???

@CoralB I don’t believe mobius didn’t have anything to do with my instance, because none of them would even turn on or respond to the manual buttons… mine are all g5 blues

It’s some defect in the lights that hasn’t been addressed or acknowledged, imo…

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cale47 i never got an answer… I cycled power several times, and nothing. I cycled the next day, and all 3 lights came online???

@CoralB I don’t believe mobius didn’t have anything to do with my instance, because none of them would even turn on or respond to the manual buttons… mine are all g5 blues

It’s some defect in the lights that hasn’t been addressed or acknowledged, imo…
You could be right and in my case deleting and re downloading the mobius app might have been what triggered my lights to come on . I haven’t yet had this problem with the gen 5 blues . If you find any more info on this please keep us posted .

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the issue where mine seemed bricked no lights even on the buttons. I rapidly power cycled mines by plugging and unplugging the DC Jack a few times and it kicked back on.

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the issue where mine seemed bricked no lights even on the buttons. I rapidly power cycled mines by plugging and unplugging the DC Jack a few times and it kicked back on.

this seems to work the majority of the time. It’s Echotech’s go to for glitches… I upgraded from xr15’s to xr30’s (all g5) & mobius still messes up sometimes = 2x last month… power cycle, reboot mobius, and it works…

my issue with that is why should I have to with the money these lights cost & them being “high end”?

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this seems to work the majority of the time. It’s Echotech’s go to for glitches… I upgraded from xr15’s to xr30’s (all g5) & mobius still messes up sometimes = 2x last month… power cycle, reboot mobius, and it works…

my issue with that is why should I have to with the money these lights cost & them being “high end”?
Power cycle didn’t work. This was what is normally a no no in power cycling. RAPID like 5 times in under a second of unplugging and replugging the DC power connector.

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power cycle didn’t work. This was what is normally a no no in power cycling. RAPID like 5 times in under a second of unplugging and replugging the DC power connector.
I have never heard of that & not going to try it… I have always read & been told (including by manufacturer) to cut power, wait a minute, then reapply power…

it takes a few seconds for the power to drain completely. Seems like rapidly cycling is a good way to do damage

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never heard of that & not going to try it… I have always read & been told (including by manufacturer) to cut power, wait a minute, then reapply power…

it takes a few seconds for the power to drain completely. Seems like rapidly cycling is a good way to do damage
I agree it’s why I found it so strange that it actually worked.. It was a last ditch attempt before sending it in. I was about to remove it and already had rma printed.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Back