Has anyone been refunded fedex fees for delayed live aquaria order?

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,

Today I took delivery on a live aquaria order that was delayed several hours.

I noticed on the fedex tracking website that delivery was supposed to be 10:30am and the fedex site says that “We will, at our option, and upon request, either refund or credit to the applicable invoice only your transportation charges if we deliver a shipment 60 seconds or more after the applicable delivery commitment time.”

Has anyone here held them to this? Did you initiate the claim, or does the shipper need to do it?

it’s never fun to sit around all day and miss work while waiting for an order….especially when there is a -13 wind chill, the box is only getting colder (60F when it finally got here). Before anyone starts on how I really shouldn’t ship when it’s this cold…I BEGGED live aquaria to delay 24 hours (still within the two day window) but I guess you know how that went…

Mxracer65

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get me started on delivery folks. They ALWAYS deliver to my doorstep, had I not seen the truck at the end of my driveway by chance I would have never looked by my mailbox for the package. In this state animal abuse is a felony offense, as far as I'm concerned this qualifies.

Attachments

• 20220104_171459.jpg
    20220104_171459.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 20220104_171651.jpg
    20220104_171651.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220104_171920.jpg
    20220104_171920.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 47

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,

Today I took delivery on a live aquaria order that was delayed several hours.

I noticed on the fedex tracking website that delivery was supposed to be 10:30am and the fedex site says that “We will, at our option, and upon request, either refund or credit to the applicable invoice only your transportation charges if we deliver a shipment 60 seconds or more after the applicable delivery commitment time.”

Has anyone here held them to this? Did you initiate the claim, or does the shipper need to do it?

it’s never fun to sit around all day and miss work while waiting for an order….especially when there is a -13 wind chill, the box is only getting colder (60F when it finally got here). Before anyone starts on how I really shouldn’t ship when it’s this cold…I BEGGED live aquaria to delay 24 hours (still within the two day window) but I guess you know how that went…

They don't have guarantees around the holidays (and probably not around COVID surges).

OP
OP
C

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO you are lucky it was only delayed a couple hours.
I totally agree. I tried to get them to delay 24h until things warmed up, but they refused.

Sounds like the FedEx guarantee is temporarily suspended, but if not... They just make such a big deal about it on their site.

OP
OP
C

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't have guarantees around the holidays (and probably not around COVID surges).
This seems to be the case. Under normal circumstances did they refund?

I actually had two FedEx shipments that were scheduled to be delivered by 10:30 today (one for work) and they were both delayed. Par for the course I guess.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seems to be the case. Under normal circumstances did they refund?

I actually had two FedEx shipments that were scheduled to be delivered by 10:30 today (one for work) and they were both delayed. Par for the course I guess.

They had a form online to fill out for it.

OP
OP
C

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To close the loop on this, I confirmed that live aquaria ships Priority Overnight, which is among the services that is not eligible for a guarantee currently.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I totally agree. I tried to get them to delay 24h until things warmed up, but they refused.

Sounds like the FedEx guarantee is temporarily suspended, but if not... They just make such a big deal about it on their site.
I completely understand your issue with the whole thing.
For what it's worth, none of my overnight deliveries has been on time ( you know when you get the tracking email and says delivery by noon?) or even on the correct day since before Thanksgiving.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back