Has anyone ever bought a large colony and fragged it out to even out the cost?

Tangina20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently moved to an area that has very limited corals at the LFS. I was wondering if anyone has bought a larger colony online and fragged it out to local reefers to break even for the cost you pay for it. I thought by doing this I could save money as well as bring more coral diversity to the area.

OP
OP
Tangina20

Tangina20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk if that's allowed to say names but I use most of the vendors on here I cut off what I want then sell the rest its pretty simple
I’ve never bought from on here, is it reliable and decent shipping cost?

trevormass7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Has anyone ever bought a large colony and fragged it out to even out the cost?"

It's Never Happened ... Never Ever... Ever ;)
I've actually done this on here and made profit due to the price difference in certain areas

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of good sized Aussie colonies around now. Most sites sell them. Usually in the $100 range. You could easily take a half dozen frags off of a lot of them and still have a nice colony.

I was just looking at some on Fishy Business site but lots of sources have them. Most places just buying two would get you free shipping. The frags won’t make you a ton of money of course since they don’t have a fancy name slapped on them, but if you have a local market I’m sure you could get $20 a frag.

OP
OP
Tangina20

Tangina20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of good sized Aussie colonies around now. Most sites sell them. Usually in the $100 range. You could easily take a half dozen frags off of a lot of them and still have a nice colony.

I was just looking at some on Fishy Business site but lots of sources have them. Most places just buying two would get you free shipping. The frags won’t make you a ton of money of course since they don’t have a fancy name slapped on them, but if you have a local market I’m sure you could get $20 a frag.

What kind of colonies do you suggest? Zoas and acan? I have trouble finding whole colonies

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back