Has Anyone Gotten a On Time Arrival From FedEx Priority Overnight In The Last Few Weeks?

SaltyTwigs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the last few weeks I have had 2 livestock orders late via FedEx. The delays all happened in Memphis. The first one took 5 nights 6 days to get to me. Fish (Powder Brown) died night I received it. Was very surprised it was even alive when I got it. Second order was due today. Again status shows In Transit Memphis. Really considering only doing business with vendors that offer UPS Overnight Air as I have had 2 Biota orders that went off without a hitch compared to 2 in a row with FedEx over a span of 2 weeks that were delayed. Just sucks getting fish that are crazy stressed from being a bag for multiple days and then getting emotionally invested trying to save them only to have them die.

On top of the FedEx fish orders in the last month had a Priority Overnight order get stolen in Memphis. When I called they said that the package was empty and was not continuing.

Looks like TidalGardens and Biota from here on out for me. Any other vendors offer UPS Overnight Air?

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I received an email regarding the Memphis area and there were problems there. Vendors should check before shipping. Within the past two weeks.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pacific East Aquaculture uses UPS, they also check before shipping and watch it move through the system.

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t ordered livestock but have ordered a number of other things. FedEx was the only one that was late and by a significant margin at that. Anything I have shipped out I have used USPS and UPS with no issues. FedEx seems to be a mess

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FedEx packages here show up on time, no problem. Algae Barn ships FedEx, it’s all been on time.

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never received a Fed X delivery on time and I firmly avoid any company that uses them.

The last straw was a purple tang that sat in a bag for 5 days after paying for overnight shipping. I had to take off work and actually go to the facility to rescue it.

On the day it was supposed to be delivered the driver or whatever you call them said no one was home. 5 people were home all day and my wife and I were actually working on our front yard all day, 10 hours straight.

Done with them and anyone who uses them.

ClearRain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't had an issue with livestock, but at the beginning of the month a packaged I ordered was returned to sender due to no such address.. Took 3 weeks to return to sender and they're going to ship it a second time.
Edit: This was also a preorder item that I waited 6 months for ;Facepalm

REEFTIDE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We ship quite a bit with fedex and we've had packages arriving early most of the time. However we did have one that spent four days in transit. A lot of it is just winning the unlucky lottery unfortunately

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've received 6-8 packages via FedEx overnight over the past year and all have been late 3-9 hours. One I had to run down to the local FedEx branch to pick up as it was obvious it wouldn't go out.

Yesterday I received my first UPS overnight and it arrived 30 minute early. I know SBB Corals uses UPS now and I'm hearing from others that they are switching.

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPS just drops and breaks the packages unrelated to fish orders, seems I get too many items broken from them and not FedEx. Another broken item this week.

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two packages late the past two weeks. First shipment was a frag pack; all dead. The second shipment was a replacement order. It was also late; all dead. The seller even covered shipping for the replacements. We decided enough was enough and would do a refund instead of killing more coral!

Last edited:

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have issues with FedEx or UPS. Now the USPS is another story.

Had a shipment via FedEx from WWC last week. Showed up about Noon on the day it was supposed to arrive. (Orlando to Phoenix). Everything was fine.

Buckster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 weeks ago today Fedex was used by nyaquatics for overnight and I received my gem tang and desjardin sailfin tang a day late. The sailfin is doing fine but the Gem has had heavy breathing and still has not eaten. I watch its stomach shrink every day. Very disappointed as the Gem is arrive alive and unless a miracle happens, Its burial will be soon.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Service depends on your region. Here in the Minneapolis metro area, both UPS and FedEx are super reliable. I get all my packages by 9 am or Noon.

Buckster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two packages late the past two weeks. First shipment was a frag pack; all dead. The second shipment was a replacement order. It was also late; all dead. The seller even covered shipping for the replacements. We decided enough was enough and would do a refund instead of killing more coral!
Bummer!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back