Has anyone heard how Seahorse Source weathered the storm?

rayjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that he got through it pretty well but was without power the last I saw him post on facebook. Don't know if power has been restored yet. His generators were doing OK for him.
Thursday he posted his usual Thursday "Question of the Week" on Seahorse Keeping Made Fun on Facebook.
I've also seen Abbie post as well.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that he got through it pretty well but was without power the last I saw him post on facebook. Don't know if power has been restored yet. His generators were doing OK for him.
Thursday he posted his usual Thursday "Question of the Week" on Seahorse Keeping Made Fun on Facebook.
I've also seen Abbie post as well.
Thank you Ray. I should do facebook as I know there is a lot of seahorse discussion on it.

rayjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Facebook works for me for helping keep in touch with my siblings and kids scattered across the country.
When I joined the seahorse groups, (I only signed up for 3 of them) I made the mistake of accepting "friend" requests from all the group people who asked.
I later had to explain to them why I "unfriended" them as I wasn't really interested in seeing their personal pages, only what they post on the groups, leaving the "friends" new post notifications to just my family basically.
While there are many posting in the groups that never go to the forums I go to, there are many that do both. The problem I have is with a forum I'm able to easily find an older post for reference or whatever, but with facebook groups, I don't know how to do this if there is a way. i.e. I tried to find Dan's last post update and couldn't.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Facebook works for me for helping keep in touch with my siblings and kids scattered across the country.
When I joined the seahorse groups, (I only signed up for 3 of them) I made the mistake of accepting "friend" requests from all the group people who asked.
I later had to explain to them why I "unfriended" them as I wasn't really interested in seeing their personal pages, only what they post on the groups, leaving the "friends" new post notifications to just my family basically.
While there are many posting in the groups that never go to the forums I go to, there are many that do both. The problem I have is with a forum I'm able to easily find an older post for reference or whatever, but with facebook groups, I don't know how to do this if there is a way. i.e. I tried to find Dan's last post update and couldn't.
All the social media options can be overwhelming to me. I am already tempted to waste too much time on my tablet without adding facebook to it. Also years ago when I joined facebook they kept re-formatting it and I do not like learning how to do things all over again. I am just less frustrated if I try to keep it simple, (LOL, as if that is even possible these days).

rayjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heh, it gets worse as you get older, believe me.
I don't even own a smart phone so that's a blessing as I don't have to try to learn that. I DO have my PC and also a cheap tablet that sits beside my reading chair so I can quickly look up things on the tablet before I forget what I'm looking up. If I walk to the PC, I often forget what I was going there for. Even the tablet can be a problem to remember long enough for it to boot up.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heh, it gets worse as you get older, believe me.
I don't even own a smart phone so that's a blessing as I don't have to try to learn that. I DO have my PC and also a cheap tablet that sits beside my reading chair so I can quickly look up things on the tablet before I forget what I'm looking up. If I walk to the PC, I often forget what I was going there for. Even the tablet can be a problem to remember long enough for it to boot up.
Uhhg, I know it does not get any better and I am forgetful enough now.

Back