• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Has anyone heard of aquabiomics?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

bobssecrtsn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, has anyone heard of AquaBiomics? They’re a research company for the biomes in our aquarium. I sent them my sample but haven’t heard back in a week. I sent them a email but haven’t heard back either. So I’m just wondering if I should file a dispute with my CC. @AquaBiomics

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no they're legit give time pretty busy. we compare and contrast readings on here from them all the time.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, has anyone heard of AquaBiomics? They’re a research company for the biomes in our aquarium. I sent them my sample but haven’t heard back in a week. I sent them a email but haven’t heard back either. So I’m just wondering if I should file a dispute with my CC. @AquaBiomics
yea Im kind of in the same boat as you here....
They received my sample in the mail over a month ago and yet i still haven't heard anything back form them.
I also signed up for the monthly sampling, and i still haven't gotten a tracking number for this months test. Their website gives almost no information either so i cant tell whats going on.
The complete lack of communication is definitely concerning and hopefully its just them being busy, but it'd be nice to hear from someone one way or the other.

Vette67

Reefing since 1997
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in contact with Eli many times. They are in the process of sequencing the samples. Expect results in the next couple days, according to their website. I have a sample being tested in this current batch as well.

B3FA46AA-A369-4596-8C68-3D4124EB5D05.png

AquaBiomics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Sounds like some notification emails may have gotten stuck in spam folders. Sorry for any missed emails.

The current batch of samples is at the sequencing facility, you can check this page at any time for status updates
https://aquabiomics.com/queue

It generally takes about a month for analysis, see the FAQ for more details
https://aquabiomics.com/FAQ

I've been delayed somewhat by covid, as some of the supplies I use are also used for covid testing. Worse, the sequencing facility is also busy with covid testing so they have been a bit delayed. But things are still running more or less on schedule, I dont think these delays have cost any batch yet more than a few days.

I'll send individual PMs and emails as well to make sure its getting through spam filters but wanted to respond publicly here, as well.

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? The expected date kept changing on the queue page 6/26 to 28 to 31 now July 2nd. Could have sworn the progress bar was on sequencing this morning now rolled back to sample prep
5DD77ABE-DAAE-44D8-AC4B-9AD78CA49BC4.jpeg

Anyone else have a report like this just 12 lines in their account email about it 4 days ago no reply yet 1F181096-3E37-40BD-9051-2167C74E23BD.png

OP
OP
bobssecrtsn

bobssecrtsn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way to get a refund? its been a solid 1-2 months now with no results..

OP
OP
bobssecrtsn

bobssecrtsn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks, sorry to hear. I got my results on back on July 9th.

Yep. Havent gotten any info. Will be contacting Paypal to file a dispute or something. Waiting this long without any response really sucks.

their website says 4 weeks to get results, Its been 7 weeks without any response whatsoever.

I definitely will not be doing business with them anymore.

Last edited:

AquaBiomics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Bobby,

Sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with the timing, I've sent a full refund this morning.

To be fair, we received your sample on June 20 and have been in contact with you multiple times since that point, so "7 weeks with no response" isnt exactly accurate. But regardless, I will send refunds through the Paypal dispute system, now that that has been initiated.

For any other clients who are wondering: the results for this batch were due today... they appear to be delayed at the sequencing facility but the QC (on July 28) was perfect so the data should arrive any day now -- possibly today. I can generate reports pretty quickly when the data arrive.

All clients samples behaved perfectly during sample prep and the QC went well, so I anticipate high quality data any day now!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back