Has anyone in Sydney Australia tested the tap water?

Andynz2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys.

I've just started this hobby again, coming from Tropical fish in new zealand. I've recently moved to sydney in Australia and wonder if anyone has tested the tap water here? Right now Im just using tap water + conditioner. Wonder if the tap water here is good enough or I should go RO water

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not from Australia and have obviously never tested its tap water but IMO you should always use water filter with an RODI regardless of how clean the tap water is.

MmeAssoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I'm in Sydney - my TDS is 84 when it goes into the RO/DI, which i think is pretty good as far as tap water goes. I'm not sure what elements are making up that 84, though.

I spoke to one trusted LFS about it - they said they use tap water in their tanks in the shop, but the employees all use RO/DI at home, just to be safe. After storms or fires apparently you can see a change in the quality of tap water.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Andynz2000 you should be able to go on google and get a water report from whoever you get your water from.here is mine below I just typed in " water report in liverpool " United utilities gives my water and do a public report once a month
Here couple screenshots from my report to see what it tests for along with other information, just had type my post code in

Screenshot_20211102-000828_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20211102-000834_Chrome.jpg

Follow link below and type in your address it looks like you need to do,remember Google is our friend and has nearly any answer to Amy question we have ^_^
Be brilliant as phone a friend on who wants be a millionaire ha ha

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back