Has anyone kept the Atlantic Reef Butterfly and Barberfish?

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Barberfish is Johnrandallia and the Reef Butterfly is C. Sedentarius. Does anyone have experience with the hardiness and reef safeness of these two butterflies from the Americas?

About the Barberfish it says 8” max size in some sources but others say 5.5”. Would love to know about these two.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some answers

jefra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Barberfish is Johnrandallia and the Reef Butterfly is C. Sedentarius. Does anyone have experience with the hardiness and reef safeness of these two butterflies from the Americas?

About the Barberfish it says 8” max size in some sources but others say 5.5”. Would love to know about these two.
I've kept Chaetodon sedentarius and found it to be a very hardy species. They have small mouths and frequently pick at corals, especially fleshy stony (LPS; fuzzy SPS like Millepora) and ornamental shrimp will not last. Mine readily accepted prepared foods so maybe if you keep your tank well fed? Like any semi-reef safe angel or butterflyfish, it could go either way.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back