Has anyone ordered the new Red Sea G2 tanks?

OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My LFS should be dropping off my 350 in about 3 hours! How long did the stand assembly take?

Took me about 45 minutes - 1 hour to assemble my stand. Instructions are clear and logical. Hardware is labeled and seperately wrapped. Just be aware the top of the cabinet is sitting at the bottom of the tank.

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are armored seals?
Armored Seals are reinforced glass joints designed to protect your silicone from magnet cleaners, scrapers and burrowing critters, as well as providing structural integrity to the aquarium.

@Tuan’s Reef I thought they were for larger tanks. Do you have pictures, does it have them on the floating front glass? Wonder if this will help with the seams issue folks were experiencing

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It's hard to tell since the armor is also black

Attachments

• 20220429_152558.jpg
    20220429_152558.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 388

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To revive this post, any updates for those of you that were awaiting or setting up new units? Anything to watch out for, tips, cool things, etc?
I ordered a 250 g2 last Monday. Red Sea is currently at a 7-10 business day lead time on moving new tanks (due to demand per saltwateraquariums.com) so I probably wont get the official tracking for another couple days.. but liking all the news so far!

Chris's reef journey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I ordered my Red Sea 425 G2 last Monday from SaltwaterAquarium.com. So I am one week and two days with no shipping information. I called SaltwaterAquariums.com today and was told they are running behind due to the thanksgiving sale. It's driving me nuts! I check my email everyday looking for tracking information.... How did the delivery go when your tanks arrived?

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Hello everyone, I ordered my Red Sea 425 G2 last Monday from SaltwaterAquarium.com. So I am one week and two days with no shipping information. I called SaltwaterAquariums.com today and was told they are running behind due to the thanksgiving sale. It's driving me nuts! I check my email everyday looking for tracking information.... How did the delivery go when your tanks arrived?
Your just anxious and excited I would be too

peterhos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi There I got a G2 quite quickly here in the UK 6 months ago. Good looking tank (the 250) but limited space underneath for roller mat and skimmer combined. Check out your space and maybe buy skimmer/filtration with a smaller footprint …

dzuckerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the Reefer Peninsula Deluxe 950 G2+ System from Bulk Reef Supply a week and a half ago. Havent heard anything so finally got a hold of someone at Red Sea today (via email since they dont provide customer service over the phone anymore?) and was told "it's out of stock without an estimate on when it will be available." Such a disappointment. Does anyone have knowledge of how long I would probably have to wait? Should I just cancel the order? thanks!

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the Reefer Peninsula Deluxe 950 G2+ System from Bulk Reef Supply a week and a half ago. Havent heard anything so finally got a hold of someone at Red Sea today (via email since they dont provide customer service over the phone anymore?) and was told "it's out of stock without an estimate on when it will be available." Such a disappointment. Does anyone have knowledge of how long I would probably have to wait? Should I just cancel the order? thanks!

Um yes that is a great thing, cancel and get a different brand :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back