OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't able to find much on R2R.... sometimes that a red flag from me.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s been my experience as well. And yeah, that lack of even mention on here makes me a wee bit leery of ordering from them...

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They did receive a shout out from SDMA... @Mark Lawson Wondering if anyone in that group has some feedback

CrayHawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered with them. Livestock came okay but they omitted a fish from my first order and would not send without me paying for $30 shipping even though it was their fault omitting the fish.
So I had to buy another $300 worth of fish to qualify for free shipping. Communication was decent through Facebook.

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange... that seems like common customer service thing to do for customers. Either way I'm assuming the livestock you got is still doing good?

CrayHawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange... that seems like common customer service thing to do for customers. Either way I'm assuming the livestock you got is still doing good?

I had leopard wrasses in my order. Two of the three did not make it but that was on me. A mccoskers was doa but they gave me credit for that. I will say, because of their communication and prices I will order from them again. I wish they had more selection though.

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had leopard wrasses in my order. Two of the three did not make it but that was on me. A mccoskers was doa but they gave me credit for that. I will say, because of their communication and prices I will order from them again. I wish they had more selection though.
That' good to know I've been combing the site and doing some price comparisons to LA. Happy to know they took care of the DOA.

maddiesmom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about ordering some fish from here. I'm curious if anyone in the community has ordered from this vendor before... How was the experience, what did you buy? Fish, corals, inverts?

Thanks for the feedback!

I just received three fish from Harry's today. A pyramid butterfly fish, a pygmy cherub angelfish and a chalk bassilet. All three arrived fat and look to be healthy. They're also eating. I was also sent some freebies...snails and a coral frag.

CrayHawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had another order with them. All seven fish arrived healthy and received free snails.

jordan9095

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live nearby so can't speak on the shipping but livestock are kept in a treated system and always healthy. They have a great selection in store and good prices

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted about this earlier this year and was pmed by someone who said they lived by it and gave it a poor review. For what it’s worth. I contacted them and they didn’t have the fish I wanted in stock at the time.

pachuca.adrian95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll say that their fish is about 75-85% healthy specimens, and all coral/inverts look great and lots to choose from. And customer service in person is awesome. Although this is from the point of view of being inside their store/warehouse. I don't know how is their shipping if good or bad.
I've personally bought all three fish, coral and inverts and I would say I'm happy with what I picked up.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm dealing with them right now... got an order that's supposed to be here tomorrow, and another following in a week or so.

So far, mixed. Spoke to a guy on the phone. Nice guy, easy to talk to, honestly trying to help me... said he'd call me back in an hour...

And didn't.

It was a day. I know, things happen. He did eventually call me back, but, well, yeah.

Anyway, I made a small order, couple of fish and some serpent stars, for tomorrow. Another more substantial order a week or so out.

I'm hoping for the best... but I'll do a new thread in the vendor feedback area when everything settles.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go in there every 2-3 weeks to buy, but looks like you ordered online. Father's name is Craig and I forgot the son's name. But they're really nice and should have no issues with them. They might delay a little, but they're reliable.
Keep us posted how things go.

maddiesmom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm dealing with them right now... got an order that's supposed to be here tomorrow, and another following in a week or so.

So far, mixed. Spoke to a guy on the phone. Nice guy, easy to talk to, honestly trying to help me... said he'd call me back in an hour...

And didn't.

It was a day. I know, things happen. He did eventually call me back, but, well, yeah.

Anyway, I made a small order, couple of fish and some serpent stars, for tomorrow. Another more substantial order a week or so out.

I'm hoping for the best... but I'll do a new thread in the vendor feedback area when everything settles.
I purchased a Pyramid Butterfly from them. I used safety-stop just like I had with all my fish, added him after both baths. Within three days all of my fish were dead. That pyramid was the only thing that was new to the tank. I think it was marine velvet.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Pyramid Butterfly from them. I used safety-stop just like I had with all my fish, added him after both baths. Within three days all of my fish were dead. That pyramid was the only thing that was new to the tank. I think it was marine velvet.
Very sorry to hear that.

Of the three bluestreak wrasses I purchased, two are still looking great. The other, the one I bought for a friend, disappeared in his tank. Not sure what happened to him.

I also bought a pair of brown striped serpent stars. Both fell to pieces in my tank for no apparent reason.
<sigh>

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back