Has anyone received a fish with ick from biota?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Has anyone received a fish with ick from biota?
Currently, I am looking to purchase myself a Radial Filefish and a mandarin goby. I currently do not have the resources to quarantine new fish and introducing ick to my tank has been my #1 fear, the reason I quit buying fish was to protect my rare livestock. What I'm looking for is an honest gauge of "risk", I'm aware the mandarin are unlikely to bring ick with their coat but I'm not certain with the FileFish. Also, Has anyone here purchased some of the Radial filefish before? Being that they are captive are they less likely to pick at corals? I did notice a past post that may suggest a temporary holding tank where I can inspect the fish, would a temporary 5-10 gal work for a day or so?

Thanks, everyone!
no, I have bought several Biota fish and never had an infectious disease observation - have kept them in observation, but not treatment.

Please note that there are current Biota Filefish and coral nipping treads being updated -

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had several little guys from Biota with no issues. Mostly small gobies, court jester and mandarin pair. All were great and no issues with disease.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back