Has anyone seen a pink, red or yellow bubble tip anemone firsthand and not online?

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone seen a pink (not rose), red or yellow bubble tip anemone person firsthand and not only online? I’d really like one of these colors because according to some they exist or at least have once existed but I can’t seem to find a bubble tip anemone in these colors.

OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, unfortunately they are stupid expensive. Got mine about the size of a golf ball for $450. Larger sizes can easily be north of $1k
Sheesh! I might pay that if I’m feeling really good. They’re probably hard to find.

Upvote 0

AndrewB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20DB8369-D6CF-4CCA-BC20-3E2921FBB543.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen red, yellow, and orange. Red is red, yellow eventually turns to a burnt orange
I haven’t seen red, yellow or orange in person. This isn’t something that I’ve seen in any of my LFS.

Upvote 0

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t seen red, yellow or orange in person. This isn’t something that I’ve seen in any of my LFS.
Red is quite common. They go by rose bubbles. Yellow is known as a lemon drop but it has been rebranded so many different times I can’t keep track. They usually turn orange anyway and are wicked expensive. I have seen both in person. Pink is a color I have never seen online or in person

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red is quite common. They go by rose bubbles. Yellow is known as a lemon drop but it has been rebranded so many different times I can’t keep track. They usually turn orange anyway and are wicked expensive. I have seen both in person. Pink is a color I have never seen online or in person
I can't seem to find a yellow one any where. The lfs is definitely not an option. All the lfs have are green and rose.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow is very very difficult to find. My LFS still has some I believe but they’re pricey
You must live in a really big city. I live 20 minutes outside of the capital city of NC and we don’t have anything that awesome around here. Are they over $300 pricey?

Upvote 0

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must live in a really big city. I live 20 minutes outside of the capital city of NC and we don’t have anything that awesome around here. Are they over $300 pricey?
I’m in Buffalo. Prices might have changed a little but im 99% certain they’re well over $1,000. A lot of the time they lose their yellow though. I know there has been a lot of experimentation with them to try and promote the yellow color

Upvote 0

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres a pink one, in 15 years I have come across only 1 of these with this much pink, some show a little pink, but this one stands out very easily against the reds. It's been like this for a long time now (at first I thought it could be partially bleached), so I am starting to think it will keep these colors. I have no idea what causes it, as they are the same exact species and in the same exact lighting/flow. Its neat and (the pink) is not for sale, maybe if I end up with more down the line
1631128330809.png

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in Buffalo. Prices might have changed a little but im 99% certain they’re well over $1,000. A lot of the time they lose their yellow though. I know there has been a lot of experimentation with them to try and promote the yellow color
Sheeesh! Nevermind!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I tried…

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres a pink one, in 15 years I have come across only 1 of these with this much pink, some show a little pink, but this one stands out very easily against the reds. It's been like this for a long time now (at first I thought it could be partially bleached), so I am starting to think it will keep these colors. I have no idea what causes it, as they are the same exact species and in the same exact lighting/flow. Its neat and (the pink) is not for sale, maybe if I end up with more down the line
1631128330809.png
She’s beautiful!!!!

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back