Status
Not open for further replies.

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t seen it either but it’s very real. Do I think that all reefs will be gone, no. But plenty are already completely gone. Actually just learned about this is my last class in zoology :D it’s not just global warming but even things like overfishing of sharks is causing issues with the reef ecosystem and throwing it out of balance where the sharks cant control the predators of the small grazers that take care of the corals.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watched it, appreciated the beautiful imagery and the story that was told. You need to go into the Documentary understand that there is a message that is being pushed. That's the entire purpose of the film. When you go into it understanding that, you can appreciate the subtext.

Reactions: VO6

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made it about 1/2 through before I couldn't take their propaganda any more. I am so sick of hearing people lie about "global warming" "climate change" whatever their word of the day is.
I hear ya. I mean where is the Netflix about the Texas sized floating plastic island of hell in the ocean and how that must significantly impact the ocean life? I am ALL about environmentalism, but I do not embrace it as a religion and I am greatly saddened that these propaganda shows blot out the issues that are seriously impacting ocean life.

CoralScape123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too much chasing, not enough corals. Though I went into it w/ the mind set of an 1+ hours of beautiful shots of coral reefs.

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many People have seen chasing coral I thought it was very depressing that the reefs could disappear in only a few years
"I made it about 1/2 through before I couldn't take their propaganda any more. I am so sick of hearing people lie about "global warming" "climate change" whatever their word of the day is."

And that, my friends, is the problem.

If people refuse to believe that we are destroying our planet, then we are doomed for sure. Generations from now, mother nature will slap us with a can of whoop-butt and we will not like it.

Grumblez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"I made it about 1/2 through before I couldn't take their propaganda any more. I am so sick of hearing people lie about "global warming" "climate change" whatever their word of the day is."

If people refuse to believe that we are destroying our planet, then we are doomed for sure. Generations from now, mother nature will slap us with a can of whoop-butt and we will not like it.

Exacty what's propaganda about this film. We know for a fact that 50% of the great barrier reef is gone. Turn your reef tank up to 90 degrees for a few week and let me know how that turns out for you.

HomebroodExotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They will just pretend that none of this exists and when their house is on fire they will cry about why no one stopped this from happening to them. Typical.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get it. People keep saying global warming or climate change. But my grass outside is still green and hasn't caught on fire yet. Must be a hoax. ExxonMobil wouldn't lie to us right? Oil companies just have our best interests at heart.
I don’t think it’s about the oil companies I think it’s because the media and government have been pushing environmental doom since the 70’s. They have gone so far as to pure dates and timelines on the end of the planet. None of it ever comes to fruition, ever. Meanwhile the people pushing it are getting rich by doing it. If science says global warming is a sham, those research dollars go away.
This isn’t to say there isn’t something of concern here. It is to say that it has been monetized and propagandize to the point of saturation and disbelief for many.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't it in 1990 that they predicted Florida underwater by 2000? In 2018, some environmentalists hired an icebreaker to go to the South pole in it's winter time to "prove" the ice was thinner....guess what? They got stuck! Had to get another icebreaker to get them out.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't it in 1990 that they predicted Florida underwater by 2000? In 2018, some environmentalists hired an icebreaker to go to the South pole in it's winter time to "prove" the ice was thinner....guess what? They got stuck! Had to get another icebreaker to get them out.
Yes and they encountered the ice many many miles from where it was expected to begin. I typed this from Florida and I am not swimming in the Atlantic or Gulf of Mexico.

View Badges
I don't get it. People keep saying global warming or climate change. But my grass outside is still green and hasn't caught on fire yet. Must be a hoax. ExxonMobil wouldn't lie to us right? Oil companies just have our best interests at heart.
Who do you think profits from green energy?
It’s not an oil company, it’s an energy company.
The people telling you we’re all gunna die are the people who stand to profit.

View Badges
I’m really surprised at how many of you aren’t all in. Astounded actually... I’m gunna throw a flag out and say “IN THE MORNING” and hope some of you know what that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

• I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

• I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Back