Has anyone set up one of the new Tideline AIO from Planet Aquariums?

Brody’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they basically just came out but I'm curious if anyone has set up a Tideline AIO yet. I am downsizing my aquarium and I was looking into getting the 47.5 gallon. I'm assuming/hoping they have the same build quality as the rest of Planet Aquariums tanks and I like the size of the tank being 36" long.

If anyone has set one up do you have any pros and cons yet?

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you getting the lagoon? Looks like a nice tank. What is the width of the AIO section? I ask because that pump has the same rating as the one in my Nuvo 20? Maybe underpowered? Of course you can always add 2 MP10s.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Brody’s Reef

Brody’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually picked up the tank today but I won’t be able to start setting it up until I move. I’ll start a build thread for it then but my first impressions are the build quality looks excellent as I expected from Planet Aquariums. I plan on running Nero 5’s in this tank. I already have one and might grab another one later.

Upvote 0

Mehhgan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 20.5 peninsula and the pump that came with it was too strong. The pump was returning the water faster than the chambers could keep up. I majorly downsized and noticed I am still having the same issue. The water from chamber 2 does not flow as quickly as chamber 1 so the pump will still return the water faster than the chamber can fill up. I believe it could be a design issue since I have been troubleshooting for weeks. Has anyone else had this issue, I know these tanks are still Farley new.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Brody’s Reef

Brody’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 20.5 peninsula and the pump that came with it was too strong. The pump was returning the water faster than the chambers could keep up. I majorly downsized and noticed I am still having the same issue. The water from chamber 2 does not flow as quickly as chamber 1 so the pump will still return the water faster than the chamber can fill up. I believe it could be a design issue since I have been troubleshooting for weeks. Has anyone else had this issue, I know these tanks are still Farley new.
That's really interesting. I know this may be silly but is it possible you just need to put more water in the tank? Typically with an AIO system when there is not enough water it will drain the back chamber first (like when you don't top off with RODI water).

I really don't think the pump could be the issue because of the way water flow works in an AIO tank. I'd bet you just need to put some extra water in the tank. I know when I had my old Innovative Marine 20 gallon AIO when I did water changes I filled it up, turned the pump on, then as the back chamber level went down I added more saltwater until it was at the appropriate level.

Let me know if that is the case or not because if it is not I'd be really curious to what it is.

Upvote 0

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A common underlying cause with "too powerful return pump" problems is that there's filtration material impeding flow. Besides a dirty filter sock, a common culprit is a filter pad or sponge in the AIO sump area. This happens a lot after adding sand to a tank because the fine particulates will accumulate in these places and seriously impede flow back to the return chamber---even though the filter material doesn't look dirty to the naked eye. Not saying this is definitely your problem, but something to investigate.

Upvote 0

Kainpen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever figure this out or how to fix it? I just got one of theses tanks like 3 weeks ago, and mine is doing the same thing, I removed out all the media and it still does, this. I can get it to stop doing it if i have it near overflowing out the lip glass separating the reservoir from the main tank section. I thought it was fine, with me having to put about 2 cups of water in it every day to make up for the evaporation. Because there is no room for it reduce at all before it just sucks everything out reservoir. Then I put my fish in, I had a shrimp and 2 fish go over that lip, Two by the middle part of the reservoir and the other fish went over the intake section and sucked down into my media and died. I am really annoyed with this tank, if there is a fix or solution I would like to know. I am thinking it is a design flaw in the model after seeing your post. I think the intake slot are not long enough to allow enough water through, The filter chambers before the the pump overflow walls are to tall. I bought this tank, because it looked nice because the, fluval flex 9 gallon aoi tank and was happy with it. I figured I would just got with a bigger aoi tank. I have tried reaching out to the manufacture of the tank to see if this is normal for this model, and their website will not even submit the contact form, I don't think my local fish store is going to take the tank back either since it has been three weeks and it was their last one and it was a open box model. Any help would be grateful.

Upvote 0

Kellye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever figure this out or how to fix it? I just got one of theses tanks like 3 weeks ago, and mine is doing the same thing, I removed out all the media and it still does, this. I can get it to stop doing it if i have it near overflowing out the lip glass separating the reservoir from the main tank section. I thought it was fine, with me having to put about 2 cups of water in it every day to make up for the evaporation. Because there is no room for it reduce at all before it just sucks everything out reservoir. Then I put my fish in, I had a shrimp and 2 fish go over that lip, Two by the middle part of the reservoir and the other fish went over the intake section and sucked down into my media and died. I am really annoyed with this tank, if there is a fix or solution I would like to know. I am thinking it is a design flaw in the model after seeing your post. I think the intake slot are not long enough to allow enough water through, The filter chambers before the the pump overflow walls are to tall. I bought this tank, because it looked nice because the, fluval flex 9 gallon aoi tank and was happy with it. I figured I would just got with a bigger aoi tank. I have tried reaching out to the manufacture of the tank to see if this is normal for this model, and their website will not even submit the contact form, I don't think my local fish store is going to take the tank back either since it has been three weeks and it was their last one and it was a open box model. Any help would be grateful.
I bought a 11.3g AIO Tideland and this has been a problem with mine also. It seems like the flow is too much for the tank. I was thinking about buying a bigger one but I think the issue will still be the same. I have the heater in the last compartment after filter and the flow and evaporation caused the chamber to almost be empty by the time I get home from two day vacation. Overheating plastic smell because the outflow is empty almost.

Upvote 0

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not familiar with this tank specificly. It sounds like you need to increase the area the water enters the rear chamber. You could make the slots wider, taller, deaper or make addtional slots.
The other way would be to restrict the pump somehow. Put a smaller diameter tube in if you can not put some sort of valve on it.
The third way is to get a smaller return pump.
All are pretty simple. I have done the first on several allinone tanks I have had. Mostly because i used larger pumps than they came with.

Upvote 0

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ik this is a very old thread, but I have the same issue rn in the 11.3, I just add water to it every other day :D, very quick, and I do it whenever going to bed

Upvote 0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 64 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.0%
Back