Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine about 7 months ago. I haven’t tested it out because I’m currently working through a new tank build.
Is that not a bit risky considering the fragility and lifespan of the probe?

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any word on the shipping status of the ion director? I ordered mine about 3 months ago.

Everardo_farias

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any word on the shipping status of the ion director? I ordered mine about 3 months
People that ordered last year are still waiting.

From GHL WEBSITE:

*** UPDATE – MAY 2022! ***
Due to the ongoing global supply chain crisis, we can no longer provide estimated delivery dates for new IOND orders. We are unable to accept new IOND orders until further notice.

timry2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I AM HAPPY!!!! It works like it’s supposed to and the measurements are pretty on par with my api test. This was the very first test while I was performing my maintenance. I ordered the ION D in August 2020 and received it in April 2022. So that was my lead time for delivery. Hope you guys get yours soon

373235C6-5D92-4723-BF39-AEBD7D4511C8.png

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm more keen on seeing the consistency of the tests than "the actual number"

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not sure how I should interpret this but still beats manual testing

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not sure how I should interpret this but still beats manual testing

You should interpret it as a unbiased review and make your decision or find more reviews and make your decision. Lots of noise but one can look at general availability to be one key indicator. If they are being honest.

The video though - that lad couldn't catch a break but seems unbiased to me.

jdmee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't call it totally unbiased, he does state in the beginning that he doesn't like GHLs interface, has been critical of them before, ... It did seem to be he came in thinking he was going to have issues.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't call it totally unbiased, he does state in the beginning that he doesn't like GHLs interface, has been critical of them before, ... It did seem to be he came in thinking he was going to have issues.

Fair enough. Scale of 1 to 10 bias meter maybe a 3? I don't know.

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair enough. Scale of 1 to 10 bias meter maybe a 3? I don't know.
@jdmee @GARRIGA @areefer01 I personally know Sam. I was busy with DM's trying to help get it sorted (as he was with others). The review would be 100% unbiased. He even offered me to come and grab the unit and bring it home - I was unable to go to his house and grab it at the time.

He had a lot of networking issues - read posts - it's probably the #1 issue reported online with GHL gear - getting them on the network and stable.

I am a GHL fanboy but even I am frustrated by the interface and lack of simple features sometimes. The hardware is generally great (not sure on the ion probe as it hasn't been out long enough). I still run an old Profilux 3 and it's a rock solid unit (except the screen is unreadable - same screen as the 3 Mitras units as well - all the same problem).

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems pretty unbiased to me. He is just reporting the data he found. And what he found is pretty concerning. Has anyone else done similar tests and found the ion Director measurements to be more accurate and/or more reputable?

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree it seems pretty unbiased. The longer term trending is very interesting to me. I’m curious to see other s post their results also

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jdmee @GARRIGA @areefer01 I personally know Sam. I was busy with DM's trying to help get it sorted (as he was with others). The review would be 100% unbiased. He even offered me to come and grab the unit and bring it home - I was unable to go to his house and grab it at the time.

He had a lot of networking issues - read posts - it's probably the #1 issue reported online with GHL gear - getting them on the network and stable.

I am a GHL fanboy but even I am frustrated by the interface and lack of simple features sometimes. The hardware is generally great (not sure on the ion probe as it hasn't been out long enough). I still run an old Profilux 3 and it's a rock solid unit (except the screen is unreadable - same screen as the 3 Mitras units as well - all the same problem).
Wasn't questioning his review. I've seen enough of him to feel his rather straight forward. My concern was the test results and specifically as it pertained to the period when it was from a stationary sample which had constant test result fluctuations. I should have been clearer.

My belief in any test (including ICP) is they aren't precise and why I believe in trends as I believe most who've tested long enough tend to subscribe to. Yet some of the ranges within the test stationary period seemed rather odd. Still beats manual testing which I never give to much credit to being precise and mostly looking for something being out of wack. Definitely not the phosphate 0.03 ppm precision kind of guy.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi - wasn't knocking him at all. As I said he seemed pretty unbiased to me. If he was nit picking I replied later maybe a 3? More in jest. The times I have seen his content the one thing that always stands out is that he treats his fish like pets and not commodities.

There is no side hustle for him on his channel like others. No sell. Just giving updates on his display and how it is tied to his family/children. To me that is how it should be. Everything else will come naturally (likes, etc). If that makes sense.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back