Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to circle back to this forum as a critic of the iond preorder to mention that I rolled the dice and preordered the maxi doser 2.2 from ghl. It went smoothly and was delivered as promised; appears that ghl has shored up their preorder process. I have restored confidence; now for some wave pumps :)

Everardo_farias

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
waiting for the ion director…..

81E38993-E15D-4921-A2B0-2FA03ECE12C2.jpeg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow there are still people out there holding onto original pre-orders!

tvpleiku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are not many reviews lately. Most you tube reviews are year ago. Anyone know why BRS discontinued the Ion Director? I am waiting to buy this instead of the Trident. TIA

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are not many reviews lately. Most you tube reviews are year ago. Anyone know why BRS discontinued the Ion Director? I am waiting to buy this instead of the Trident. TIA
There were supply issues with the raw materials needed to manufacture the multi ION sensor, but these issues will soon be a thing of the past.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The initial deployment had issues (problems with the probe life), then supply issues with vendors. Late last year there was promising news of being weeks away but it’s been quiet since the new year on any news.

timry2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did get a reply from GHL, so hopefully not much longer. They plan to build the sensor in house going forward.

Dear GHL customer,

As you may know, we have developed a new ION Director sensor last year and have set up our own in-house production for this sensor in order to avoid being dependent on the performance of our previous sensor manufacturer (the IOND sensor was previously manufactured externally according to our specifications). After the tests of the pre-series of the new sensor were very successful, the series production was planned in-house and the necessary material was ordered in series quantities.

According to the statements of our raw material suppliers, we assumed that we would have all material by the end of 2022 and that we would have the first batch of sensors produced, tested and ready for shipment by the end of February 2023 at the latest.

Unfortunately, however, suppliers' promises were once again not kept, and delivery dates were repeatedly postponed for various reasons. Currently, we are still waiting for a chemical and the flex PCB, which is the basis of the sensor; we have all other materials in stock for months. The current status is that we should receive the material in the middle of March, for the production and testing of the sensors we have to plan another 2-4 weeks. This means that from today's point of view we expect sensor delivery to start in April.

We regret that we have to ask you again for your patience. We are aware that this situation is anything but satisfactory for our customers, but unfortunately, we are at the mercy of our suppliers, there are no alternative supply sources, the material is too special and short on the market.

However, as soon as we have the raw material in stock in sufficient quantities - and this will be the case in the foreseeable future - we will have the complete production and testing cycle in our own hands due to the newly established in-house production and can therefore control quality and delivery times to a large extent.

I can only apologize once again for the inconvenience and hope for your continued understanding and support.

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did get a reply from GHL, so hopefully not much longer. They plan to build the sensor in house going forward.

Dear GHL customer,

As you may know, we have developed a new ION Director sensor last year and have set up our own in-house production for this sensor in order to avoid being dependent on the performance of our previous sensor manufacturer (the IOND sensor was previously manufactured externally according to our specifications). After the tests of the pre-series of the new sensor were very successful, the series production was planned in-house and the necessary material was ordered in series quantities.

According to the statements of our raw material suppliers, we assumed that we would have all material by the end of 2022 and that we would have the first batch of sensors produced, tested and ready for shipment by the end of February 2023 at the latest.

Unfortunately, however, suppliers' promises were once again not kept, and delivery dates were repeatedly postponed for various reasons. Currently, we are still waiting for a chemical and the flex PCB, which is the basis of the sensor; we have all other materials in stock for months. The current status is that we should receive the material in the middle of March, for the production and testing of the sensors we have to plan another 2-4 weeks. This means that from today's point of view we expect sensor delivery to start in April.

We regret that we have to ask you again for your patience. We are aware that this situation is anything but satisfactory for our customers, but unfortunately, we are at the mercy of our suppliers, there are no alternative supply sources, the material is too special and short on the market.

However, as soon as we have the raw material in stock in sufficient quantities - and this will be the case in the foreseeable future - we will have the complete production and testing cycle in our own hands due to the newly established in-house production and can therefore control quality and delivery times to a large extent.

I can only apologize once again for the inconvenience and hope for your continued understanding and support.
Thanks. That's a lot more information than the latest that was posted here. But we are now a bit past "the middle of March", so that text is a little dated. I wonder if they have all the materials now?

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on the fence about these - I 100% want one if they work well... but once the backorders get filled, I am curious as to the wait to get on the new order list.... Sounds like it could be a long time.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on the fence about these - I 100% want one if they work well... but once the backorders get filled, I am curious as to the wait to get on the new order list.... Sounds like it could be a long time.

If it needs to be replaced will there be a probe available or if not what would be an expected turn around to find one.

Long and short of it is once they work through whatever issues being the bottleneck what leads one to believe they will suddenly become readily available.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what are the existing owners doing?
Are they still able to get probes?

Any new probe will require months of Beta testing.
I really do wish them well, because If this works it would be a game changer. What is amazing is the amount of cash that has been put into this so far must be mind blowing and then the further expense of new probes could take several more months of cash investment.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what are the existing owners doing?
Are they still able to get probes?

Any new probe will require months of Beta testing.
I really do wish them well, because If this works it would be a game changer. What is amazing is the amount of cash that has been put into this so far must be mind blowing and then the further expense of new probes could take several more months of cash investment.
Mine is still going strong, had some hiccups with the probe at the beginning, but now it’s great

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back