Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree GHL has always been horrible with communication. It's not their strong point. Hopefully they learn from this........
But then again a lot of foreign companies aren't strong at communication. Some are, some aren't.

Nope!
GHL has never learned from their bad communication issues. How do you think Neptune got so far ahead of them with such an unreliable controller?

I have known Matthias for over 15 years and his customer service skills have gone from being not so great to non existent. He really needs to hire a German version of Vinny and let that person have free rain over how they deal with customers.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope!
GHL has never learned from their bad communication issues. How do you think Neptune got so far ahead of them with such an unreliable controller?

I have known Matthias for over 15 years and his customer service skills have gone from being not so great to non existent. He really needs to hire a German version of Vinny and let that person have free rain over how they deal with customers.
I guess we'll see. I must say the communication has been much better as of late. That's all one can ask for. As far as Vinny? I think Germany holds him back for whatever reasons. It's just their way of doing things.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your example of needing a Nut is not really the same. Parts like that are probably not kept on hand in the USA but I am pretty sure that Vinny will have spare probes for this unit.

My thinking is that given the current debockle they will send at least one or two spare probes to the USA and they will only be for warranty exchanges. Right now every probe they have siting on the shelf is an ionD that they cannot finish assembling. In another 6 months this will "Gulp" hopefully not be a problem and Vinny will have several spares plus extras to sell.

1 or 2 probes is based on the three units that we know they are shipping plus the Beta tester plus possibly another 3 people who we might not know about.
Maybe so, but it was the same pattern. I hope you’re right about the probes. Probably more telling that, even with all the problems, I’m still a GHL guy & will take it over an unreliable piece of orange plastic I can’t stack. :)

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have said a super duper aggressive marketing.
Actually they were one of the first. People tend to stay with what they're accustomed to.
People see a successful tank running Neptune??? They go with it.
And marketing.

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess we'll see. I must say the communication has been much better as of late. That's all one can ask for. As far as Vinny? I think Germany holds him back for whatever reasons. It's just their way of doing things.
The communication has been better?? That’s the most laughable thing I’ve read today.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The communication has been better?? That’s the most laughable thing I’ve read today.
Well.......I guess you're not in line to receive an IOND in the next couple weeks.
You wouldn't know then.

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.......I guess you're not in line to receive an IOND in the next couple weeks.
You wouldn't know then.
So your saying in order for them to have good communication you have to be in the “last couple weeks” of over a year and a half of waiting? Again, I’m not asking for daily updates but at least give a once a month check in/update. I’m talking strictly about us that they have our money. In a 30 day time frame a company can close its doors and be a ghost. Then throw in they are in a different country. By the time all is figured out your money is all but impossible to get/find. $800 may be pocket change to some, but to most It’s not.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your saying in order for them to have good communication you have to be in the “last couple weeks” of over a year and a half of waiting? Again, I’m not asking for daily updates but at least give a once a month check in/update. I’m talking strictly about us that they have our money. In a 30 day time frame a company can close its doors and be a ghost. Then throw in they are in a different country. By the time all is figured out your money is all but impossible to get/find. $800 may be pocket change to some, but to most It’s not.
GHL is not some start up company. There's always that possibility, but I doubt you have to worry.

Would you feel any better if they told you the same thing on a monthly basis?? When things changed they let everyone know. Unfortunately this is one of those things. It didn't work out like either side wanted it to. I got mad when I had a light on order for a long time. Then I noticed a lot of other things getting harder to get. So.......I realized this is going to be the new norm. No sense in getting my panties in a wad over something I have absolutely no control over.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL is not some start up company. There's always that possibility, but I doubt you have to worry.

Would you feel any better if they told you the same thing on a monthly basis?? When things changed they let everyone know. Unfortunately this is one of those things. It didn't work out like either side wanted it to. I got mad when I had a light on order for a long time. Then I noticed a lot of other things getting harder to get. So.......I realized this is going to be the new norm. No sense in getting my panties in a wad over something I have absolutely no control over.
Yes but lets face it if GHL told you tomorrow that your not getting your iOND until they iron out all the problems, your panties would be twisting instantly! I have watched you have the same up's and downs that others have had. Luckily your on a up right now and I am sure you don't want to rock that boat right now, so I understand your posistion. On the other hand @HuneyBear and the rest are still sucking salt from GHL. And yes to his point there is no way a Credit Card company will refund him now. Your completly dependent on GHL giving a refund. And GHL being around "a long time" means almost nothing to me. I lived through Pan Am closing it's doors. This was the company that my Mom worked at and that everyone thought would be around forever.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but lets face it if GHL told you tomorrow that your not getting your iOND until they iron out all the problems, your panties would be twisting instantly! I have watched you have the same up's and downs that others have had. Luckily your on a up right now and I am sure you don't want to rock that boat right now, so I understand your posistion. On the other hand @HuneyBear and the rest are still sucking salt from GHL. And yes to his point there is no way a Credit Card company will refund him now. Your completly dependent on GHL giving a refund. And GHL being around "a long time" means almost nothing to me. I lived through Pan Am closing it's doors. This was the company that my Mom worked at and that everyone thought would be around forever.
Again..... You have no dog in this fight. You bailed way back when. I'm beginning to think you'd like to see this fail just so you can say "I told you so"

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, yes I would be fine with an update that said nothing has changed. I get a monthly update from a company I ordered something from 2 years ago and cancelled because of a production error. Yes is it redundant but how many $ are stuck in this right now. I ordered one standalone set. Heard of a few people who ordered 2 or more, thats a decent chunk floating in the void. There have been a lot of businesses that existed one day and where gone the next, size of company is irrelevant.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, yes I would be fine with an update that said nothing has changed. I get a monthly update from a company I ordered something from 2 years ago and cancelled because of a production error. Yes is it redundant but how many $ are stuck in this right now. I ordered one standalone set. Heard of a few people who ordered 2 or more, thats a decent chunk floating in the void. There have been a lot of businesses that existed one day and where gone the next, size of company is irrelevant.
Cancel and get your money back if your that worried. I thought about it, but it's too close to the finish line to start over. It doesn't matter who bought what. What you bought is what you should care about.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again..... You have no dog in this fight. You bailed way back when. I'm beginning to think you'd like to see this fail just so you can say "I told you so"
This is what I am talking about, you feel a need to publicly defend GHL because your on a special list.

A list by the way that probably was made based on my recommendation to them, when I said in a post on July 6th"
"So yes they could have 500 German Reefers in the front of the line but that does not negate the fact that they should still ship a hundred or so units to the USA at the same time. Mainly because they really screwed up on the development time line and need to get the PR machine going for them, not against them.

Nobody would care about an additional 8 week delay to do it in the proper order if this had happened 18 months ago, but now it has reached the stage where they need to do something right now for the US customer base.

Anyway that is just my opinion of what I think would be a sensible business plan.

You got your order shipping confirmation notice about a week later.

There is no honest person that can say the service from them or the way they handled this has been great or even remotely good! It's been an absolute fiasco and anyone with money in it has only done so because of GHL's reputation for delivering a good product.

As I stated I have watched you and others go through ups and downs. I stopped having those moments when I got my refund. BTW I am way to old for "I told you so" childish remarks and secondly I have been encouraging people from even 4 months ago that if they waited this long they should not back out now.

You don't need to try and pounce on me or other people to look good for GHL. You paid for the Dam product, it's not like they are giving you something for free!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enough of this, I understand both sides of this...I DO!!! Come on reefers, I understand the frustration, but, everyone knew going into this that they were pre-ordering for something that was not done yet, and had some obstacles to overcome before being released, and, that was over a year ago, and actually before the epidemic effected everything even more. Now that it is starting to be released and more reefers are getting it and GHL found more issues with it and probably slowed down the release to correct said issues to prevent bigger issues down the road, reefers are complaining. I said this before, and I will say it again, I have only been waiting for 3 months now, so no were near a lot of you, BUT, I still understood that it was a PRE-ORDER. I also said previously that I am willing to wait for a BETTER product, and not an inferior substandard product that was pushed out to get ahead of other competitors.

Trust me, I want mine now, BUT, I will have to wait and live thru those that get it before me.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I am talking about, you feel a need to publicly defend GHL because your on a special list.

A list by the way that probably was made based on my recommendation to them, when I said in a post on July 6th"
"So yes they could have 500 German Reefers in the front of the line but that does not negate the fact that they should still ship a hundred or so units to the USA at the same time. Mainly because they really screwed up on the development time line and need to get the PR machine going for them, not against them.

Nobody would care about an additional 8 week delay to do it in the proper order if this had happened 18 months ago, but now it has reached the stage where they need to do something right now for the US customer base.

Anyway that is just my opinion of what I think would be a sensible business plan.

You got your order shipping confirmation notice about a week later.

There is no honest person that can say the service from them or the way they handled this has been great or even remotely good! It's been an absolute fiasco and anyone with money in it has only done so because of GHL's reputation for delivering a good product.

As I stated I have watched you and others go through ups and downs. I stopped having those moments when I got my refund. BTW I am way to old for "I told you so" childish remarks and secondly I have been encouraging people from even 4 months ago that if they waited this long they should not back out now.

You don't need to try and pounce on me or other people to look good for GHL. You paid for the Dam product, it's not like they are giving you something for free!
SO........are you that naive or just conceited to think GHL listened to your post?

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO........are you that naive or just conceited to think GHL listened to your post?
I think you need to chill and just enjoy the fact that your getting your IOND. I think GHL reads every post on here and does what they think is in their best interest.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you need to chill and just enjoy the fact that your getting your IOND. I think GHL reads every post on here and does what they think is in their best interest.
I doubt GHL reads anything on here, never mind running their business on what people on here think. That's been shown on how they're handling all this.

A lot of foriegn companies look at Americans as whiny and spoiled. They're not going to cater to that.
I can't recall, but I think I was one of the first ones to sign up for the IOND. That is why I'm receiving it soon. And that is the only reason.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just a friendly reminder to keep the focus on the topic and the problem and not on the people. I realize that this is an emotional topic for many, but please stay away from insults and demeaning comments.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back